Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've checked through the threads about Croatia on here and most seem to offer conflicting advice about the different areas of the nation so was hoping some of you guys would be able to help out.

Which resort would you recommend for a chilled out week with nice beaches, half-decent nightlife and some nice cultural bits and pieces?

Flights to Pula and Zadar are much cheaper than the other airports but this is Ryanair so they could very well be in the middle of nowhere...

Suggestions please!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend the islands of Brac, Losinj, Rab, or Pag... You can't miss with anything in the southern part (Dalmatia). And especially this year, because there are not as many tourists.
    Not Dubrovnik, it's too expensive.
    Almost any coastal/island city has its culture, nightlife, stalls...

ReputationRep:
    I think lots of places are worth visiting.

I've been to opatija, pula and several little islands :love:

Pula:
    There is a nearby national park called Brijuni which is great. There are various animals and sights to see on the island. Then there is the coastal things which include wreck dives, sailing, beaches etc. There are roman theatres, gates from the old wall that used to surround the city, many churches and cathedrals. It is definitely a great place to go if you are interested in history.
    pics

A couple I did take myself:

Opatija: Our hotel was situated in Opatija. It's a coastal town although you have to expect there not to be traditional beaches as such. There is things to do in Opaija although it is limited and certainly a more relaxing place. Opatija certainly does have it's fair share of good clubs too.
    hotel

from our balcony:

beach

the sea is fine to swim in but the edges are concrete.

ReputationRep:
    Fly to Zadar and go to Split and the islands. Hvar, Brac, Korcula or Pag (the "relaxed" Ibiza ). There are also some lakes inland I think; some of my friends just went to Zadar for a week itself and loved it.

Honestly the North, around Pula etc, from what I saw was very resorty and full of lobster-like tourists. Dalmatia is just BEAUTIFUL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.