Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just have a feeling deep down that there are things my boyfriend doesnt tell me. Like he has two close friends, who sleep around and one even cheats on his girlfriend

he admited to me that he got a girls number when he was out once, which upset me, and I dont know whether it went furthur.

he doesnt check his emails/myspace/facebook infront of me, and i only ever mention it when im on the phone to him and he's always like you check it i have nothing to hide, but i can't help thinking he deletes stuff

also when we were first getting together, and almost bf and gf he was still talking to this girl who was basically his most recent ex, and they were going to meet up but she canceled, makes me wondered where i'd be if she didnt cancel

we've been going out for a year now and i know you'll all be like youve just got trust issues. i love him so much and i do trust him. i just wonder sometimes.

I have talked to him about this but if he was up to someting, he wouldn't say would he!

please help

ReputationRep:
    Be less suspicious and more trusting, its really not nice to have someone who is supposed to be the closest person to you in the world suspecting you of all sorts. He said you could check his messages, if it'll put your mind at rest next time your with him check them. Lots of guys are good friends with their ex's, mine is one of my best friends. Getting someones number on his part was pretty stupid, but if thats how far it went then thats that.

You sound like your getting scared of things going wrong so your massively over analysing everything and just making yourself paniced. Try sort it out yourself this next week, if things arent right by this time next week then ask your boyfriend for a chat. Tell him that you love him and dont actually suspect him (I dont think you really do) just that your getting scared (my opinion) and that you feel like your just trying to find everything bad. Get him to reassure you and be a bit more open or just listen to you, you'll feel better for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Be less suspicious and more trusting, its really not nice to have someone who is supposed to be the closest person to you in the world suspecting you of all sorts. He said you could check his messages, if it'll put your mind at rest next time your with him check them. Lots of guys are good friends with their ex's, mine is one of my best friends. Getting someones number on his part was pretty stupid, but if thats how far it went then thats that.

You sound like your getting scared of things going wrong so your massively over analysing everything and just making yourself paniced. Try sort it out yourself this next week, if things arent right by this time next week then ask your boyfriend for a chat. Tell him that you love him and dont actually suspect him (I dont think you really do) just that your getting scared (my opinion) and that you feel like your just trying to find everything bad. Get him to reassure you and be a bit more open or just listen to you, you'll feel better for it!
    thank you so much. i think your right, i'm just scared

the thing with his 'ex' though, we;;, i'm his first girlfriend. (he was shy so didnt get a girlfriend till he was 18 aww) yeah but before me he was getting with this girl, and they went to a gig and he got really drunk throwing up and passed ou and she left him at a bus stop in a VERY bad area. so after this we were getting very close and he told me about it and he was like i'll never talk to that ***** again. but they started texting again and where going to meet up.

i know we wernt going out, but now he's says stuff like he had never liked any one as much as he like me when we were first getting together, but if this is true then why was he texting her?

we absoloutly love each other to bits btw, we're that anoying couple who are ALWAYS happy and always all over each other, we never have problems or fights (just little ones when we're stressed about things like soup! lol)

so yeah just thought i'd add that lol

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duff27)
    I just have a feeling deep down that there are things my boyfriend doesnt tell me. Like he has two close friends, who sleep around and one even cheats on his girlfriend

he admited to me that he got a girls number when he was out once, which upset me, and I dont know whether it went furthur.

he doesnt check his emails/myspace/facebook infront of me, and i only ever mention it when im on the phone to him and he's always like you check it i have nothing to hide, but i can't help thinking he deletes stuff

also when we were first getting together, and almost bf and gf he was still talking to this girl who was basically his most recent ex, and they were going to meet up but she canceled, makes me wondered where i'd be if she didnt cancel

we've been going out for a year now and i know you'll all be like youve just got trust issues. i love him so much and i do trust him. i just wonder sometimes.

I have talked to him about this but if he was up to someting, he wouldn't say would he!

please help
    much better

ReputationRep:
    Lol^

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much. i think your right, i'm just scared

the thing with his 'ex' though, we;;, i'm his first girlfriend. (he was shy so didnt get a girlfriend till he was 18 aww) yeah but before me he was getting with this girl, and they went to a gig and he got really drunk throwing up and passed ou and she left him at a bus stop in a VERY bad area. so after this we were getting very close and he told me about it and he was like i'll never talk to that ***** again. but they started texting again and where going to meet up.

i know we wernt going out, but now he's says stuff like he had never liked any one as much as he like me when we were first getting together, but if this is true then why was he texting her?

we absoloutly love each other to bits btw, we're that anoying couple who are ALWAYS happy and always all over each other, we never have problems or fights (just little ones when we're stressed about things like soup! lol)

so yeah just thought i'd add that lol

x
    The whole texting her thing, most guys dont hold grudges for very long, especially not against girls. Like me, I got pissed off with my ex (good example see) because I felt a bit like she just didnt care so much about our friendship any more now she had a new boyfriend. Basically I felt like I was putting all the effort in and she just didnt care at all any more. I was basically like 'well, screw her in that case' for about 2 weeks, then I noticed that I missed not talking to her very much at all (not in a relationship way, just a friendly way) and started texting her etc more.

I bet thats what happened, he got over the butt hurt of what she did and decided to try give her another go to be friends.

Your best bet is to talk to him about it, try put your mind at rest first but then go tell him your feeling a bit scared about the future and about possibly loosing him (mention how silly that sounds) and how you feel like your trying to push him away to minimize any possible hurt even though you want to keep him and hes being a wonderful boyfriend etc etc. It seems thats whats happening to me

ReputationRep:
    The whole texting her thing, most guys dont hold grudges for very long, especially not against girls. Like me, I got pissed off with my ex (good example see) because I felt a bit like she just didnt care so much about our friendship any more now she had a new boyfriend. Basically I felt like I was putting all the effort in and she just didnt care at all any more. I was basically like 'well, screw her in that case' for about 2 weeks, then I noticed that I missed not talking to her very much at all (not in a relationship way, just a friendly way) and started texting her etc more.

I bet thats what happened, he got over the butt hurt of what she did and decided to try give her another go to be friends.

Your best bet is to talk to him about it, try put your mind at rest first but then go tell him your feeling a bit scared about the future and about possibly loosing him (mention how silly that sounds) and how you feel like your trying to push him away to minimize any possible hurt even though you want to keep him and hes being a wonderful boyfriend etc etc. It seems thats whats happening to me

lol thankyou god i've never known a boy to have such good advice

what do you mean its happening to you?

ReputationRep:
    lol thankyou god i've never known a boy to have such good advice

what do you mean its happening to you?
    As in, thats how Im reading the situation. Obviously Im not there, but from what you've seen and from what I know that looks like the most likely suspect!

Im not your typical boy, I love relationships and commitment, love being cuddly and having nights in together. Im just a bit of a softie I guess! That and Im pretty convinced Im just built to be in a relationship of one kind or another so I understand these things pretty well

ReputationRep:
    As in, thats how Im reading the situation. Obviously Im not there, but from what you've seen and from what I know that looks like the most likely suspect!

Im not your typical boy, I love relationships and commitment, love being cuddly and having nights in together. Im just a bit of a softie I guess! That and Im pretty convinced Im just built to be in a relationship of one kind or another so I understand these things pretty well
    you sound like the perfect guy! lol. my boyfriends quite like that too, he doens't see the point in going on the pull and sleeping around, he's like the odd one out in his group, i just sometimes get worried they rub off on him! lol.

he kind of drifted apart from them for a while, tonight is the first time he's gone out with them since feb! am i right to be a little bit worried?

ReputationRep:
    Im suspicious of the way you have spelt suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lafin23)
    And I'm suspicious of people who can't spell properly...
    No i wanted to be the **** of this thread dam youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuu.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like the perfect guy! lol. my boyfriends quite like that too, he doens't see the point in going on the pull and sleeping around, he's like the odd one out in his group, i just sometimes get worried they rub off on him! lol.

he kind of drifted apart from them for a while, tonight is the first time he's gone out with them since feb! am i right to be a little bit worried?
    Dont be at all, just be there with a big cup of tea and a hug tomorrow morning (If possible)! Just enjoy yourself knowing that hes probably having fun but every few minuets thinking about you, I know whenever I went out without my other I would enjoy myself for like 20 minuets then go 'This would be so much better with her' and get a little sad about it for a minuet or 2.

Sound like the 'perfect' guy maybe, but most girls just dismiss you as being boring! That or its an excuse to not say Im ugly =D

ReputationRep:
    There are certain criteria which must be considered when questioning your boyfriend's honesty. If he has a tan or waxed brown Base London slip-ons (formerly inclusive of metal buckle, presently evident is the roaming but single strap-over spread over the bulk of the shoe, and attached at three different points of the shoe) then it is likely he cannot be trusted. Also consider his moles - if they are sparse but evenly distributed across his face with the largest on his cheekbone then that's another sign. Finally the hair; if he has a slicked back haircut in a manner comparable to Rob Lowe, or, on a lesser level, altern-jazz maestro Ben from A1, then what you even on you knob? He's obviously a smarmy ******** who will in time be known by his loutish friends by his first name with an added suffix of 'ie'. Judging by the fact you're on here though, he's probably ugly as **** anyway so you haven't got anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Dont be at all, just be there with a big cup of tea and a hug tomorrow morning (If possible)! Just enjoy yourself knowing that hes probably having fun but every few minuets thinking about you, I know whenever I went out without my other I would enjoy myself for like 20 minuets then go 'This would be so much better with her' and get a little sad about it for a minuet or 2.

Sound like the 'perfect' guy maybe, but most girls just dismiss you as being boring! That or its an excuse to not say Im ugly =D

haha! he did text me a few times saying he misses me and stuff lol

Well i'm sure those girls aren't worth it!

gggodd you sound so cute!! not in a patronising way ssorry lol

ReputationRep:
    haha! he did text me a few times saying he misses me and stuff lol

Well i'm sure those girls aren't worth it!

gggodd you sound so cute!! not in a patronising way ssorry lol

Agh, 'cute' a girls way of saying 'sorry, your not a big enough **** for me'

ReputationRep:
    Agh, 'cute' a girls way of saying 'sorry, your not a big enough **** for me'

nooo! honestly i use cute as a complement! you honestly sound like an awesome guy! your the type of guy i go for. down to earth and not a idiot. i've had my fair share of idiots, there not good.

ReputationRep:
    nooo! honestly i use cute as a complement! you honestly sound like an awesome guy! your the type of guy i go for. down to earth and not a idiot. i've had my fair share of idiots, there not good.
    Tell me, if thats the sort of guy you go for then how-comes you ended up with an idiot? Just a bad judge of character, or did you find it attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Tell me, if thats the sort of guy you go for then how-comes you ended up with an idiot? Just a bad judge of character, or did you find it attractive?
    there not idiots to start with, then when you've fallen for them they realise they have the upper hand. You end up doing anything for them just because you don't want to lose them, cause you need someone.

I had a boyfriend about two years ago, and i swear i was so madly in love with him, and he just ended it with me, litterally like that, for no reason. i was distraught for months, untill i met this really nice guy, we started going out, he started treating me like ****, slept with other girls behind my back. I just needed to be with someone at the time. in the end i ended it. but sometimes you just need someone to be there for you.

but i HATE girls who are like, oh i love bad biys, i like my guy to treat me mean. I bet those type of girls are the ones who treat there guys like ****!!

ReputationRep:
    there not idiots to start with, then when you've fallen for them they realise they have the upper hand. You end up doing anything for them just because you don't want to lose them, cause you need someone.

I had a boyfriend about two years ago, and i swear i was so madly in love with him, and he just ended it with me, litterally like that, for no reason. i was distraught for months, untill i met this really nice guy, we started going out, he started treating me like ****, slept with other girls behind my back. I just needed to be with someone at the time. in the end i ended it. but sometimes you just need someone to be there for you.

but i HATE girls who are like, oh i love bad biys, i like my guy to treat me mean. I bet those type of girls are the ones who treat there guys like ****!!
    I just dont get guys who treat girls like crap. To me being in a relationship is all about spending every moment you possibly can caring for someone. Which to me means making sure their as happy as can be all the time, regardless of what sacrifices or crap it means to you.

That said, i also dont understand why people would sleep around but thats possible because Iv never done it and have no want to. Sex for me is as much about the emotional connection between the 2 people as it is the actual physical act, something which I really dont think you have with a stranger/when drunk.

As for me, it'll come when it comes. You cant force a relationship to happen and going out actively 'looking' for a boyfriend or girlfriend is a bad idea as it'll only get you down. Just gotta make the most of yourself until you start falling for someone then hope they fall for you. Or in my case hope that they dont have a boyfriend already :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.