Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the results are due for 1st year undergraduates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robot1000)
    Mine were out last Wednesday.

Look on your University's website. It's likely they'll load them up on blackboard or send them in the post.

ReputationRep:
    Cass have said it should be before the end of next week, but that doesn't give me much confidence!!

ReputationRep:
    You do maths right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fblade)
    You do maths right?
    yeh

ReputationRep:
    Cass results are out.

ReputationRep:
    WTF? How did I only get 35 in QM? That cant be right. Is this gonna be a repeat of January when they gave people the wrong results in one subject!?!?

Am I right in thinking you cant get the paper back like you can at A-Level to see if they've marked it correctly, so my only option is to get it remarked?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    You have to ask for a remark, yeah. Not sure if you can get the paper back, I doubt it, I haven't tried, though I should (since my strongest subject became my weakest for some reason)

ReputationRep:
    I got 72 in QM, no where near TP's standards!

Overall 2.1 ...hmm decisions decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAndOnly)
    WTF? How did I only get 35 in QM? That cant be right. Is this gonna be a repeat of January when they gave people the wrong results in one subject!?!?

Am I right in thinking you cant get the paper back like you can at A-Level to see if they've marked it correctly, so my only option is to get it remarked?

cheers
    I dont think you can get it remarked although you can ask for verifying the mark to see whether they have been added up correctly. Link: http://www.city.ac.uk/exams/results.html . And this http://www.city.ac.uk/exams/faq.html

Btw, I got a First with very high % . Over the moon

ReputationRep:
    yeh
    There was an email sent to us about them letting us know, if should be in the next couple weeks they said. We normally get ours near the resit period, which does suck. I'd advise you start revising for the ones you know you've failed, especially Probs and Stats.

ReputationRep:
    My results were really weird, got lower marks in those I thought I'd aced, and higher in those I thought I'd screwed up - maybe they really have messed up again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    You have to ask for a remark, yeah. Not sure if you can get the paper back, I doubt it, I haven't tried, though I should (since my strongest subject became my weakest for some reason)
    What grades did you score? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    My results were really weird, got lower marks in those I thought I'd aced, and higher in those I thought I'd screwed up - maybe they really have messed up again!
    Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you have secured enough to keep your scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockstar!~)
    Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you have secured enough to keep your scholarship.
    I got enough to keep the scholarship and whatnot, so I can't complain. It's only first year after all. Just need to get my arse into gear for next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fblade)
    There was an email sent to us about them letting us know, if should be in the next couple weeks they said. We normally get ours near the resit period, which does suck. I'd advise you start revising for the ones you know you've failed, especially Probs and Stats.
    Got through through today. Only failed Stats which I anticipated, it's frustrating that they haven't provided the retakes timetable

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious as to how many subjects one can keep down and still move on to the next year.

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you score? :eek:
    Well I did well enough not to really need a remark, it's just something that bothered me. It's just that it would be nice. I've got my first which is the important thing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious as to how many subjects one can keep down and still move on to the next year.
    None. You need to pass everything in resits at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    Well I did well enough not to really need a remark, it's just something that bothered me. It's just that it would be nice. I've got my first which is the important thing I guess.
    Yes a first is important, scholar Cheers!

University open days

1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.