Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance - Previous Education watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was looking forward to start on a course in September this year, and as I don't have the money for my tuition fees I decided to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance.

I got the answer from them yesterday saying that I wasn't eligible for a loan because I had previously attended another high education course.

Does this make any sense? I'm portuguese, and I studied on a cinema course in a portuguese university for three-years but I didn't end up with any qualification as I had to abandon the course due to family reasons.

The course was entirely self-funded, so I'm having some difficulty here understanding how this works.

As my application was rejected I was hoping somebody here could give me a little help with this subject and showing me if there are any kind of alternatives (loans?) to Student Finance, because obviously I don't enough money for the tuition fees.

I'm feeling a little bit like an ex-convict now, as it seems that second chances are scarce. Any help would be welcome.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.