Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else's sleeping pattern messed up already? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pulled an all nighter on Thursday night, then went to town to get a few things of interest and came back home at about 1:20pm. I was completely wrecked, ten minutes later i went for a lie down and woke up the next day at around 8:30pm.That's almost 33 hours of sleep!!!!

Sleeping this long can't be good for me.Anyone got any tips? I've tried staying up by making some coffee or tea and reading some novels, but i always fall asleep, i've heard other suggestions like staying up to watch films, study, etc. This is just ONE of the reasons i hate the summer.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UGHHHHHHHH
    I have always had problems sleeping though, cannot sleep until I am extremely tired, so if I woke up at 11am, and wanted to be in bed by midnight, I would struggle to sleep for hoursssssss

ReputationRep:
    Yes, insanely so. I get sleepy at 5am and I woke up today at 4:30pm. It's insane...I just wait it out, and I read until I get sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    I keep staying on TSR till like 3am for no reason. Then being knackered the next day, take a nap to repeat the cycle again >.<

ReputationRep:
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem. I'm currently nocturnal. But, to fix it, simply go to sleep when you normally do, BUT, force yourself to wake up at 8am. That will be your new waking up time. To keep awake during the day, avoid lying down/sitting for too long, kinda make yourself uncomfortable, and then go to sleep at 9ish.

Or do the stupid method, where you attempt to stay up all night, then all day, then crash. It works, but hardly ever achievable.

I do this every summer, and xmas :vampire:

ReputationRep:
    LOL ever since school finished im awake at night n sleep during the day...technicaly its not a waste cause its not like im sleepin 33 hours or nothing...but i feel like i could do so much more than jus sleep throught the day and watch showsand dvd's at night...i need a job!

so i can sort my sleeping pattern out

ReputationRep:
    yepp sleep at 4 wake up at 1.30

ReputationRep:
    I've been going to be at around 5am every day and waking at about 2pm.

ReputationRep:
    Mine isn't too bad (I say that being on here at 1:06am xD I have just got back from the pub so thats my excuse )

I go to sleep at about 2ish and make myself get up before 10 so that I'm suitable tired for the following night. Sadly I work on Sunday's so I have to get to bed at a reasonable hour on most Saturdays. I'm off tomorrow though so I can stay up! AHAHAHAH! ( I sound like a 3 year old! )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've ****** up my pattern horrifically

ReputationRep:
    My mums getting really annoyed with me about this I sleep around 4/5 and wake up at 4. But really whats the big deal?

ReputationRep:
    Hardy har, I usually don't sleep until like 4am then sleep for a nice 12 hours, but since I've been going to work for 10am i've just had to survive on like, 4 hours sleep! My body clock isn't learning either, woe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely sceptical at your claim of sleeping for 33 hours continuously.

But yeh, i am currently going to bed anywhere between 2am-4.30am each night and getting up at like 1pm-3pm. Not good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    Ditto :p:

(Original post by jakeee)
    lazy *******s, get a job.
    I would if there was one that didn't require me to already have a degree. Everywhere else has waiting lists for jobs miles long

ReputationRep:
    Mines well and truely screwed
    Cant sleep till 4 and wake up at 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    I keep staying on TSR till like 3am for no reason. Then being knackered the next day, take a nap to repeat the cycle again >.<
    Same. Though the last couple of nights (or mornings) it's been about 4.30am. Not just TSR obviously. I'm on youtube, facebook or chatting to friends in a crazy timezone on msn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    ^ I'm on this sleeping pattern. but more like 4pm then 2 pm. =\

ReputationRep:
    i have work in 8 hours
    i bougt some sominex to try and get back into my pattern but i cant get up until about 11 if i take it..so not actully much use

i actually couldnt manage to get to sleep on thursday night at all so just watched tv .sigh

ReputationRep:
    Mine hasn't changed that much really. I pretty much always stay up late, even when at College. Only difference is I wake up maybe an hour or so later during the holidays. I can survive on less than 4/5 hours sleep pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    My body clock is so messed up. 5am seems to be my regular bedtime, then getting up at 1/2. I have work tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't start until 12.30.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.