Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, who here will not go to bed till/after 3am?

ReputationRep:
    My sleeping pattern has been messed up since year 8. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)

Are you proposing......*gasp* A BET!!!!

*eccentric rich man laugh*

ReputationRep:
    on monday night i had a party and didn't go to bed 'till 1 the next day. slept a lot of tuesday then kind of caught up.

then again on thursday i had another party and i didn't sleep 'till half 10 on friday night!
    got up at half 9 this morning though, so i should be kind of okaay.

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to be able to get out of the sleeping routine i had from exam period which is terrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Is it that impossible? I can't seem to manage anytime before :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I keep going to bed at like 3am, but my body seems to think that if I stay up that late I don't need sleep, so I end up getting to sleep after about 2 hours of lying in bed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to sleep until around 5 and get up around 2/3ish. I quite like it that way at the moment as I have no job/nothing to do most days & it makes the days seem shorter.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else try and stay awake all night so they're tired the next day and will go to sleep at like 10 pm to reset their body clock; but fail?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is ******.

If I go to bed before 3am, I'll sleep for like 10-11 hours and wake up at 12 or 1pm.

If I go to bed after that, I'll get my 7-8 hours, but wake up at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    I stay up late. Then sadly my room faces the rising sun...so I get worken up about 5. Then I doze which is all very pleasant but doesn't actually help stave off tiredness.

I'm having to set my larm 45 minutes before I want to get up. Procrastination has pervaded even waking up in time to get to work...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i fell asleep at 12.30 last night...and didnt get up until 1.30pm today and now i know i wont get to sleep until like 4am, which means i wont get up till about 1pm tomorrow, which will mess my pattern up more still...i hate the holidays, theres no structure!

ReputationRep:
    My job has mucked up my sleeping pattern. I could be doing a regular 9-5 shift one day, and then be doing a 1-11 shift another day, and then a 7pm - 3am shift another day. It's a nightmare!

Yup, lately i've been going to sleep at around 5am. I've spent that time watching repeats of the Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2005/06/07. Can't find 2008 though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. For some crazy reason I couldn't sleep Wednesday night. So I though **** it, I'll stay up. This was about 4am. So I stayed awake and it came to 8am, and my family were all gettng up to go to work and school. Then I just crashed at about 9am. Couldn't even remember TRYING to sleep then. So I woke up at 2.30pm. Bad times.

It's even worse nowadays becuase when I try and sleep, the bloody sun comes up.

ReputationRep:
    Yer, mines completely wrecked. I've been going to sleep around 10am most days :|

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a sleeping pattern.
    Last summer I worked 11pm-6am.
    Slept 6.10am-12pm and 7.30pm-10-30pm.

I keep a record of my sleeping pattens (sad I know, and i reallly really really want one of those mega expensive alarm clocks that someone posted yesterday that tell you the best time to wake up) and random snippets from the record include sleeping:

Monday: 7am-7pm
    Tuesday: 12 (midnight) - 4.30am
    Wednesday: 1.30am-8am
    Thursday: 6am-5pm
    Friday: 4am-10am
    Saturday:10pm-10am

The most i went without sleep is 31 hours. I was completely hyper right until i passed out.

Now i'm sleeping 4am-1pm. Mainly because I don't get in from work til 10pm and I don't want work to be the last thing I did, so i stay up unnecessarily.

eek sorry for the ramble! sleep really interests me.

ReputationRep:
    haha i messed up my sleep patterns through exam period cos of stress, like most ppl probs. i couldnt sleep til like 3/4 then got up at 6 to get ready for school (yes i take FOREVER in a morning) now i can stay awake all night quite easily. virgin1 at 5:05 double ninja warrior then takkabilla, to teach me how to read analogue time (no i really cant read it) then top gear or something else will be on. and if i go to bed at like 11 the next night i either dont sleep again, or sleep til like the next day. thing is though, i this whole week ive had like a morrisons pizza and 3 bowls of cereal, this cannot be good for me!
    EDIT: omg i totally forgot about jezza k, and 4music signed <-- greatest thing ever, i will never forget a fat old lady signing (not singing) to day n night by kid kudi

ReputationRep:
    I had sorted my sleeping out as i started work at the beginning of the week but for some reason today I went for a 'snooze' from 5pm until 8.45pm. That has messed my sleeping up, hence me being here now.

ReputationRep:
    My sleep pattern was never particularly good to begin with but lately it's got even worse, I usually go to bed around 4am and wake up around 1/2pm, good thing is I'm used to odd sleeping patterns so I can still get up if I need to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.