Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

yeah, stayed awake after work on fri till 2 pm saturday, woke up an hr ago - now realise i have work on mon :rolleyes: so will go to bed to 8 pm tomoz
    basically 3 nights of sleep + sleep debt from the working week ---------> 2 'periods' of sleep

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've managed to **** mine up....I should be asleep right now...I get up at 12 noon and I got to bed at around 3/4 am...

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we have a 'sleep' button on our bodies? I find it difficult to find a comfortable position and rest.

ReputationRep:
    Totally mangled.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I finished school, I've been going to sleep as ridiculously late as possible EVERY day....like 5 a.m.

Why? Because I can

ReputationRep:
    My sleeping pattern is messed up, I work nights at the weekend which doesnt help. But when i'm at uni i wanna crash for bed at about 9pm lol but now i cant sleep until about 2am in the week, and i will sleep till about 2/3 in the afternoon. feel like im sleeping my life away. I can't wait to go to bed at 6am though after work, feel awful. I don't even need like pro plus/caffinee anymore. I can literally stay awake for days. The most ive done was about 2 and a half days, got up on a friday morning went to uni then did a 10hr night shift, the next day i didn't sleep in the day, went back to work did another 10 hour night shift. Then crashed on the sunday. God i felt like a zombie.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what it's like to be asleep before midnight?
    Actually, being asleep by 4am would be a miracle for me these days. I am literally sleeping away the daytime hours of my youth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    Can anyone remember what it's like to be asleep before midnight?
    Actually, being asleep by 4am would be a miracle for me these days. I am literally sleeping away the daytime hours of my youth.
    snap for the last week i been sleeping late and waking up late at like 3/4pm

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i've gone to sleep before 3am or gotten out of bed before 3pm so far this week lol, or if I have I can't remember. Actually for the past 3 days i've been going to sleep after 5am due to internet distractions; it looks like tonight is going to be the same To be honest apart from the past couple days I can't really remember what I have done this week... The lack of sleep is really starting to take its toll hehe

ReputationRep:
    I work nights and it feels like I'm in a dark place - went to sleep at 10am and woke up at 5:30pm.. good times..

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbanator)
    sleeping pills :rolleyes: lol
    I take it you need to be 18 for those? My dad wouldn't approve so wouldn't buy me any and there are none in the house... may have a cup of tea and then try my luck at drifting off shortly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    Yup, lately i've been going to sleep at around 5am. I've spent that time watching repeats of the Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2005/06/07. Can't find 2008 though.
    :eek: I've been looking for them for god knows how long! The only ones I have are 07 and 08 xD Links?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    I take it you need to be 18 for those? My dad wouldn't approve so wouldn't buy me any and there are none in the house... may have a cup of tea and then try my luck at drifting off shortly :yep:
    i dont think caffiene is going to help ??

how about reading a book till you start to feel drowsy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbanator)
    i dont think caffiene is going to help ??

how about reading a book till you start to feel drowsy :cool:
    Actually I used to always drink tea in the evenings and it helped me to relax. I think it was the warmth Also caffeine in smalls doses doesn't really have as much as an effect on me anymore because when I do drink it/take it I have alot. Nowadays one mug of tea doesn't do anything because I'm used to drinking strong coffees and taking caffeine pills/ glucose tabs to get me through the day... bad I know.

I do have a copy of Wuthering Heights nearby though I think it would kill me rather than sending me to sleep :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up at 06:12 so yes mine is too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem. I'm currently nocturnal. But, to fix it, simply go to sleep when you normally do, BUT, force yourself to wake up at 8am. That will be your new waking up time. To keep awake during the day, avoid lying down/sitting for too long, kinda make yourself uncomfortable, and then go to sleep at 9ish.

Or do the stupid method, where you attempt to stay up all night, then all day, then crash. It works, but hardly ever achievable.

I do this every summer, and xmas :vampire:
    That is exactly what I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem. I'm currently nocturnal. But, to fix it, simply go to sleep when you normally do, BUT, force yourself to wake up at 8am. That will be your new waking up time. To keep awake during the day, avoid lying down/sitting for too long, kinda make yourself uncomfortable, and then go to sleep at 9ish.

Or do the stupid method, where you attempt to stay up all night, then all day, then crash. It works, but hardly ever achievable.

I do this every summer, and xmas :vampire:
    I'm doing this today :p: I'm quite good at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diskohuelga)
    That is exactly what I'm doing.
    Haha, ditto. Good luck,

I have plenty of energy drinks for fuelage.

ReputationRep:
    I went on holiday in China and now I can't get back into British time system, which is no good as I'm starting work tomoz.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.