Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As long as I make it past my 11 a.m attempt yesterday, I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's time for that mug of tea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nambat)
    Pulled an all nighter on Thursday night, then went to town to get a few things of interest and came back home at about 1:20pm. I was completely wrecked, ten minutes later i went for a lie down and woke up the next day at around 8:30pm.That's almost 33 hours of sleep!!!!

Sleeping this long can't be good for me.Anyone got any tips? I've tried staying up by making some coffee or tea and reading some novels, but i always fall asleep, i've heard other suggestions like staying up to watch films, study, etc. This is just ONE of the reasons i hate the summer.
    Set an alarm at like the latest you would mind getting up. Like 9am the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to "correct" mine by staying up but wussed out. I'm now stuck with going to sleep at around 3pm and waking up at around 2am. It's certainly a different way to live...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just feeling really tired full stop really. Want to do loads of things at the moment, but can't get started.

Pulled an all nighter on Thursday night, then went to town to get a few things of interest and came back home at about 1:20pm. I was completely wrecked, ten minutes later i went for a lie down and woke up the next day at around 8:30pm.That's almost 33 hours of sleep!!!!

Sleeping this long can't be good for me.Anyone got any tips? I've tried staying up by making some coffee or tea and reading some novels, but i always fall asleep, i've heard other suggestions like staying up to watch films, study, etc. This is just ONE of the reasons i hate the summer.
    If you were tired and you slept for that long, you probably needed the sleep. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    My problem is actually the other way round. During the summer I have a job and have a normal sleeping pattern; never getting up after 12 when I have a day off. But when at uni I managed to completely switch my sleeping pattern; stayed up all night until the sun came up (in winter obviously it's later than 4am) and then sleeping all day and getting up at 5-8pm didn't go to any of my lectures for months

ReputationRep:
    Soooo... woke up at 5pm... lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a vampire

ReputationRep:
    Well I finished college in Feb so my sleep pattern has been messed up for months now, but I quite like it =D

ReputationRep:
    If you over-sleep the effects are the same as under-sleeping

ReputationRep:
    I find getting home when its light really screws with me

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nambat]Pulled an all nighter on Thursday night, then went to town to get a few things of interest and came back home at about 1:20pm. I was completely wrecked, ten minutes later i went for a lie down and woke up the next day at around 8:30pm.That's almost 33 hours of sleep!!!![QUOTE]

Just enjoy the sleep. I wish. I get about 2 or 3 hours sleep ona good night. You know how awful it is when you wake your boyfriend up because you keep moving as you cant sleep. Insomnia sucks. x

ReputationRep:
    currently i go to bed at 3am ,and get up at 1pm.......which i want to change to like 1am to
    10am...

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh I woke up at 1pm today O.o Kinda missed my friend...hard explaining why...

Now we're going to attempt to meet again, tomorrow, at 11.30am. Oh I hope I fall asleep for atleast 1am

ReputationRep:
    OMG yes! I woke up at 10:30 pm last night , got up, had some food and went back to bed again and woke up at 7pm today. I've never had a normal sleeping pattern, at least I'm not a complete insomniac anymore...
    I'm going to try to get to sleep earlier but it's hard when I'm really not tired now and going to bed means tossing and turning until 8am when I finally fall asleep and end up waking up at 10pm and the cycle continues...

ReputationRep:

Are you SURE you didn't just sleep for like 6 hours on the day... and not cross over to the next day and sleep 33?? that would make A LOT more sense... especially if you were still drunk and knackered xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Last year I stayed up for about 42 hours. That was not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    Yup, lately i've been going to sleep at around 5am. I've spent that time watching repeats of the Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2005/06/07. Can't find 2008 though.
    :shock: That's EXACTLY what I've been doing, word for word. There's seems to be no record of the 2008 one anywhere on t'internet, and lord knows I've looked, which is probably part of the reason why the sun was coming up as I went to bed last night....

ReputationRep:
    How can you sleep during the day in this weather. Even when i go to bed at 5am, i am usually awake by half twelve.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.