Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (before you all berate me for being a knife wielding thug - i need it for a cycling/camping trip, not to stab your dear gran)

so, which retailers stock knives?
    i've yet to visit any shops in person, but my internet searches have yielded plenty of dodgy sites which i have no intention of using, and little else.

just need some information so my trip to the shops tomorrow isn't a waste of time!

any help is appreciated and er... rep available! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Millets would be useful maybe even a supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    You could try an army surplus store if there's any near you

ReputationRep:
    www.mindyourfingers.co.uk is a good site for professional knives.

I would personally reccommend the C94 in todays current climate, as it is legal to carry in public without need for reasonable excuse.

(Original post by fragreaper)

I would personally reccommend the C94 in todays current climate, as it is legal to carry in public without need for reasonable excuse.
    So if the police searched me in public and found that they couldn't arrest me or anything?

It looks like it can do some damage..

ReputationRep:
    Any good outdoor retailer will have a decent camping knife. Though for the love of god not millets, they sell majority bad quality equipment for alot above what it would cost anywhere else.

Iv got one of these, had it a couple of years and its been an awesome knife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei)
    So if the police searched me in public and found that they couldn't arrest me or anything?

It looks like it can do some damage..
    They probably would initially; I doubt they'd recognise a legal/illegal knife.

However, they'd have no grounds to keep you long/charge you, once they found out the make/design of the knife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragreaper)

oh lawd that thing looks br00tal

im unaware of the legal side of buying knives online - i was under the impression it was illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Any good outdoor retailer will have a decent camping knife. Though for the love of god not millets, they sell majority bad quality equipment for alot above what it would cost anywhere else.

Iv got one of these, had it a couple of years and its been an awesome knife.
    any retailers you'd recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    oh lawd that thing looks br00tal

im unaware of the legal side of buying knives online - i was under the impression it was illegal?
    Perfectly legal as long as the knife isn't a prohibited type (butterfly, gravity, fighting, throwing) & you're over 18.

ReputationRep:
    reet, any sites that could deliver by wednesday then? :o:
    yes, i've left this quite late...

otherwise it's off to the shops with me. i've already had one negative comment about millets, and from what i understand blacks is its sister shop, so that renders me out of known options.

someone shed some light for me?

ReputationRep:
    any retailers you'd recommend?
    Like i said, i have that knife for climbing and its been great over the past couple of years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Like i said, i have that knife for climbing and its been great over the past couple of years
    £12 for next day delivery is a tad offputting, and i dont want to risk 3 business days.

ideally i need a tangible store to visit.

ReputationRep:
    £12 for next day delivery is a tad offputting, and i dont want to risk 3 business days.

ideally i need a tangible store to visit.
    Yea, but the 12 pound goes for anything so if i order 10 kilos worth of climbing protection or a 1.5x1x0.1m mat it costs the same for next day! Search on http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/ for an outdoor shop near you? Anywhere'll have a decent knife in i bet!

(before you all berate me for being a knife wielding thug - i need it for a cycling/camping trip, not to stab your dear gran)

so, which retailers stock knives?
    i've yet to visit any shops in person, but my internet searches have yielded plenty of dodgy sites which i have no intention of using, and little else.

just need some information so my trip to the shops tomorrow isn't a waste of time!

any help is appreciated and er... rep available!
    Can't you buy from the Internet? Because you should look for an Opinel number 8. I have one of these that my dad got me, and it's just a brilliant knife.

Look here:
    http://www.opinels.co.uk/carbon-stee...on-lock-knife/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.