Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you imagine reading every single TSR post? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that be amazing? Lol. Think of it. All the spam in Chat. All the funny stories in H&R. All the grade-whoring. :teeth:

LOL!!!

Discuss.

All your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    All your posts.
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    would take forever! at least a hour.

ReputationRep:
    No, it would be pointless, there are some threads that don't interest me at all and there is no way I would bother reading them.

Not really :no:

ReputationRep:
    NB do you make threads out of anything that pops into your mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    NB do you make threads out of anything that pops into your mind?
    Uh... obviously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaffleBakingStar)
    Uh... obviously?
    As opposed to something which isn't transient

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather eat runny **** with a spork.

ReputationRep:
    Every post on TSR? At the average reading rate of 500 words per minute (for argument's sake). Every post will have an average of say, 50 words (so the one-word spam is balanced by the masses of essays).

There's been 19,758,129 posts, which is - using my example 987906450 words said. At a rate of 500 words per minute, that's 1975812.9 minutes spent. 32930.215 hours. 1372.1 days (to 1DP). This is 3 and 3 quarters of a year of non-stop reading it would take to read every post - by which time the number of posts will have probably tripled.

So no, I couldn't imagine it. :p:

(note: before I'm called out on it, the words per minute and average words per post were raised and lowered respectively, so 3 and 3/4 of a year is very much a minimum).

ReputationRep:
    That would be my idea of hell, all the trolling and all the ignorant posts that just eke away at my faith in humanity...

...and if you really think that it's "awesome" i think you're lacking... erm... a life.

ReputationRep:
    **** no. Do you think I'd really want to read all the posts in H&R asking whether their vag is supposed to do that, or if their penis should smell like this or what's their STD...

Urg.

ReputationRep:

no thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have fun http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=getdaily

But I'm sure the posts will be coming in faster than you can read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Every post on TSR? At the average reading rate of 500 words per minute (for argument's sake). Every post will have an average of say, 50 words (so the one-word spam is balanced by the masses of essays).

There's been 19,758,129 posts, which is - using my example 987906450 words said. At a rate of 500 words per minute, that's 1975812.9 minutes spent. 32930.215 hours. 1372.1 days (to 1DP). This is 3 and 3 quarters of a year of non-stop reading it would take to read every post - by which time the number of posts will have probably tripled.

(note: before I'm called out on it, the words per minute and average words per post were raised and lowered respectively, so 3 and 3/4 of a year is very much a minimum).
    Absolutely owned the OP. No comeback there. FACT.

I find the idea of reading all of a single person's posts ridiculous, let alone reading all those of half a million people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

I think I love you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.