Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (I can't find the newest/most current LDR thread...so I'm posting here - sorry)

My boyf and I (our 5mth anniversary is tomorrow) just started an LDR 2 weeks ago, and will be apart for at least another 7 or so weeks. I was wondering how I can tell him that I need to hear more from him because the distance is really hard for me, and already taking it's toll...

yes I know that's a pretty good way of saying it but I'm afraid to sound insecure (which I kind of am feeling today)

and I am at the same time looking for stories about how others have handled this particular feeling/situation

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    How about trying to email him daily? As in getting him to reply daily as well so at least your keeping in touch....where has he gone to?

Or alternatively just tell him you miss him loads so your gonna phone every day or every other day...

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think you should just end it now, no point in trying to wait out the 7 weeks when it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    @bigmo - daily doesnt work for either of us, he's being a bit dumb right now I have no idea where he's gone off to

@fox - no way, I'm not giving up this easily - anyone who says relationships are easy is an idiot - we've had an awesome 4&1/2 months back together and no way am I ending this while we're in an LDR

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Say in a joking way like 'you better text me often or else i'll find another guy' maybe that's a bit to strong but you get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626670- The LDR advice society thread

ReputationRep:
    I just told my boyfriend that I wanted some more contact. Don't be too afraid to tell him - he's your boyfriend, and you've been together a while, it's not a crime to tell him what you really want. There's no point in trying to make hints or whatever - most blokes won't get it, and you won't get what you want! Just be straight with him, and it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626670 - its a sticky at the top of the H&R board.

Seriously they are the best people to talk to, as they can give you first hand and current advice.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    You said you're feeling insecure, so I'd get a massive halogen bulb installed outside. Phone Maplin, they can easily sort you out the circuit that will automatically turn it on (similar to lamposts, but you can also have an infra-red feature that detects movement, so that it doesn't stay on and won't affect your electricity bills too much).

Wait, we're talking about Light Dependant Resistors, right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.