Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Stephanie

I graduated recently from Strathclyde with an Honours degree in history.
    If you are entering the LASS (Law, Arts, and Social Sciences) faculty at Strathclyde I may be able to give you the benefit of my four year's experience within that faculty.
    My five subjects in first year where: History, English, Italian, Psychology, and sociology. I did history and psychology in second year.
    Here is some advice for first years.

(1) In first year there are always lots of rumours regarding coursework, exams etc. Only believe what you have been told by a member of staff. When I did the December (2005)psychology multiple choice test there was a rumour going about that you had to get at least a 60% pass mark in order to be allowed to sit the May/June psychology exam. This was completely untrue, but so many people believed it that Dr Jim Baxter had to put a message up on WebCT saying that this was not true.

(2)Speaking of WebCT NEVER be tempted to skip lectures and just download the lecture notes from WebCT. These lecture notes are just the barest bones of what the lecturer covered in his/her lecture. Some departments don't even both putting up these lecture notes.

(3) In my opinion the history department is the friendliest, while it is a tie between psychology and sociology for the least friendliest.(Dr Jim Baxter of the psychology department is a very good and humorous lecturer).

(4)The five three hour first year exams are not as daunting as they appear. The time will fly in, and you can leave the room and go to the toilet after the first hour has passed.

(5) Enjoy your time at Strathclyde the 3/4 years will pass quicker than you think. I miss Strathclyde already!

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, greetings and salutations. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Hello, welcome to TSR! :smile:

Happy posting! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.