Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to decide by August and I still can't! The one thing im sure about is that i want to be a flight attendant and most of them have degrees. Also I really love photography, but do i really need to go to Uni for it?

Option 1
    - Get a BA in Criminology & Modern Languages (French & Italian)
    - Get a job as a flight attendant for 10 years
    - Get a job in crime prevention (hopefully a profiler)

Option 2
    -Get a BVA in Photography & learn French & Italian on a summer program.
    -Get a job as a flight attendant and a part time free lance photographer
    - Then maybe a nursing degree
    - get a job as a children's nurse

Option 3
    -Do a year course in Photography, study French & Italian abroad
    -Get a job as a flight attendant for 10 years
    -Get a nursing degree
    -Become a children's nurse.

Anyone got any advice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You have to be a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus..

ReputationRep:
    Please, don't let people on TSR decide your career.

YOUR CHOICE YOUR CHOICE YOUR CHOICE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Please, don't let people on TSR decide your career.

YOUR CHOICE YOUR CHOICE YOUR CHOICE
    this

ReputationRep:
    You have till August just lie in bed and think about it, there is probably things that you want to do and things you think you should do, just to what you are going to enjoy the most.

ReputationRep:
    Taking a one year foundation or other course in photography would be better than dedicating ten years of your life to flight attendantness (with messed up time zones, being away for several nights of the week away from home, probably weird routines and no time to dedicate to photography unless you're doing travel photography or something).

Then, if that one little course inspires you so much and tells you that that's what you want to do, you know you haven't wasted ten years of your life being a flight attendant. Not that there's anything wrong with being a flight attendant, I just think it's good to do lots of little things. If you're going to university to do the flight attendant degree (is that how it works?) there's very likely to be a photography society anyway! And free language courses like at my uni! So it's all happy days.

Don't stress about it though, just choose something, and if you hate it you'll probably know within the first year of training/your course that you do. And it's OK to change your mind and not know what you want to do. But nobody on here knows you to say what you should do. Weigh up pros and cons, what your personality and skills are like, read up on it all... You'll be grand.

ReputationRep:
    what are you good at? what do you enjoy the most?
    ask you friends/parents for help?

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that life has an annoying habit of not going exactly to plan, right? There's absolutely no point in planning the next 10+ years of your life now. It almost certainly won't go the way you expect it to and you'll only end up feeling like a failure and closing options for yourself that you might end up wanting. Of course it's good to have goals, but you have to be realistic and keep some perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about long term plans! Just do what you enjoy now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do what you enjoy, some say live for the weekends, but then 75% of your life is spent doing something you don't enjoy.

I can't help anymore than that because I am not you

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.