Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to have a birthday dinner in New York? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Going next week...
    ps: i'm vegan and my family are veggie

ReputationRep:
    there's an AMAZING italian on broadway called 'carmines' i would definitely recommend it...

oooh P.S it's seriously hard to get a booking because it's so popular, so if you decide to go there make sure you make a reservation a few days in advance

ReputationRep:
    Central Park? Full of grass and leaves ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    ps: i'm vegan and my family are veggie

whhhhhyyy???????????xx

ReputationRep:
    There are literally fifty billion and one vegan/veg restaurants in NYC...but if you want a special occasion dinner, I'd suggest Blossom on 9th Avenue in Chelsea, which classes itself as "gourmet organic vegan cuisine."

ReputationRep:
    There is a place called IIRC 'Mars Express' or something, or at least there was when I was last in NY in 2000. Not sure of the vegan/veggie front, but it certainly was fun to eat there, perhaps even better than Quark's Bar at the Las Vegas Hilton when 'The Star Trek Experience' was still open...

ReputationRep:
    Ellens stardust diner on broadway...or near broadway...its been 2 years i cant remember...but they'd sing happy birthday to you

ReputationRep:
    Roxy's in Time Square. They did the most amazing cheesecakes in the world! Their menu is huge so I'm sure you'll find something fitting, and it's all really delicious

But seriously, vegan? Why? =\

ReputationRep:
    Mars 2112 is THE best place to eat. Seriously, there's nowhere like it anywhere else (and I'm widely travelled!). You would need to make a booking if you're going to go there though. However, not sure about their veggie/vegan options, so you'd need to check that.

ReputationRep:
    not sure about vegn food, but i went to one of the restaurants at the Waldorf Hotel last year, they were amazing for vegetarians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyarian)
    not sure about vegn food, but i went to one of the restaurants at the Waldorf Hotel last year, they were amazing for vegetarians.
    i stayed here BEAUTIFUL hotel! felt so out of place like i didn't belong though... god i love new york <3

ReputationRep:
    Cheesecake Factory? Bertucci's? American chain restaurants are so much nicer than ones over here... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan1990)
    Ellens stardust diner on broadway...or near broadway...its been 2 years i cant remember...but they'd sing happy birthday to you
    That place is epic

Also, if you're looking for an experience - Mars 2112 on 51st and Broadway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Mars 2112 is THE best place to eat. Seriously, there's nowhere like it anywhere else (and I'm widely travelled!). You would need to make a booking if you're going to go there though. However, not sure about their veggie/vegan options, so you'd need to check that.

That's the one.

I hope its still going in three or four years time when it would maybe be worth the hassle to take the girls across the pond for a trip to NY, I'm sure they'd love it when they're five and six...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.