Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had that said to them?. It was said to me by my uncle who had just been kicked out by his third wife for beating her all over the kitchen because he didnt like the way she talked to some bloke in the bar.He's on his fourth now.

Now at the time, I just thought that was the ramblings of a seriously pissed off bloke. I mean how could dating a woman make you Gay? What do real men date then sheep? other men? But the other day I watched my friend be led round the shopping centre like some kind of puppy by his missus carrying arms of her shopping that he bought (he told me he had been there 3 hrs) and I believe my uncle had a point.

Think about it being in a relationship with a woman softens men up. We are not as hard as we were when single as we are getting regular sex. It's a fact that men who don't get regular sex tend to pick fights and think about jumping on every passing bit of skirt. It's natural it's an instinct from the cavemen days. Not only that women have a knack of changing some of the even hardest of men, moulding them into what they want. And if they can't in the end you get binned.Women run relationships unless a man dates an ugly girl. We are not around our male friends as much.Then crucially have you ever noticed ,you are with your mates and you can talk about all sorts of **** ,add a girl to the mix and some things don't get spoken about.

In my gym it is male only and to be honest I love it. Why do you think some men became soliders in the past and still do? , because they want to be in a male society where martial combat, honour and loyalty with strict hierarchies are in place.A hard physical existance.,Women in my opinion real men's men only want for one thing, sex rest of the time if they had their way women would not be around.If a man enjoys a womans company more than his male friends he is basically a transexual in training. There is a girl Iam thinking of dating right, but I know if I won't have that edge my weights will go down in the gym and she will make me soft.

So anyone think my uncle had a point?

ReputationRep:
    Well kind of. If you have a girl you'll feel manly and such, but many men are scared of REAL women - They could dominate them. But guys should relax because we women help them become more focused in life AND we do the household. At least we could if we wanted to :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Not really, Having a girlfriend does not hinder your ability to be a man. Yes your less likely to go out picking random fights, but I'm pretty sure thats a good thing. I would also disagree with your point that a real man only wants a woman for sex. I think you and your woman beating uncle need to re-think your idealogy

ReputationRep:
    your uncle sounds hot

ReputationRep:
    OP do you take men

ReputationRep:
    your uncle seems like some sick misogynist ******* . So no, I don't think he has a point.

ReputationRep:
    Women are human beings too... o.O

There's nothing wrong with your best friend being a girl, or your girlfriend being someone you can talk to about anything or face any situation together with.
    Some relationships are equal. Others have dominating men or women. Personally I would prefer to be equal and doubt I will ever dominate/change a guy, but different people work in different ways and need different kinds of relationships. If you aren't happy, then clearly it's not right for you. You shouldn't seek an empty husk of a woman just because she won't control you though, seek an equal you can genuinely enjoy being with (for reasons other than sex).

(Original post by Ribbits)
    Women are human beings too... o.O

There's nothing wrong with your best friend being a girl, or your girlfriend being someone you can talk to about anything or face any situation together with.
    Some relationships are equal. Others have dominating men or women. Personally I would prefer to be equal and doubt I will ever dominate/change a guy, but different people work in different ways and need different kinds of relationships. If you aren't happy, then clearly it's not right for you. You shouldn't seek an empty husk of a woman just because she won't control you though, seek an equal you can genuinely enjoy being with (for reasons other than sex).
    I'd hate to be with a girl I couldn't sit and talk to or just spend time with. I wouldn't want to dominate her or be dominated by her.

And my parents have always told me that I'll be better off if I develop a real friendship with whatever girl I get together with.

ReputationRep:
    I think its your uncle that has problems, not the rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm single I don't pick fights or think about jumping on every passing bit of skirt. Oh and I'm not a "poof" either. CRAZY HUH?

ReputationRep:
    Not homosexuals...but some men are seriously wimpy and need to grow a pair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Has anyone had that said to them?. It was said to me by my uncle who had just been kicked out by his third wife for beating her all over the kitchen because he didnt like the way she talked to some bloke in the bar.He's on his fourth now.

Now at the time, I just thought that was the ramblings of a seriously pissed off bloke. I mean how could dating a woman make you Gay? What do real men date then sheep? other men? But the other day I watched my friend be led round the shopping centre like some kind of puppy by his missus carrying arms of her shopping that he bought (he told me he had been there 3 hrs) and I believe my uncle had a point.

Think about it being in a relationship with a woman softens men up. We are not as hard as we were when single as we are getting regular sex. It's a fact that men who don't get regular sex tend to pick fights and think about jumping on every passing bit of skirt. It's natural it's an instinct from the cavemen days. Not only that women have a knack of changing some of the even hardest of men, moulding them into what they want. And if they can't in the end you get binned.Women run relationships unless a man dates an ugly girl. We are not around our male friends as much.Then crucially have you ever noticed ,you are with your mates and you can talk about all sorts of **** ,add a girl to the mix and some things don't get spoken about.

In my gym it is male only and to be honest I love it. Why do you think some men became soliders in the past and still do? , because they want to be in a male society where martial combat, honour and loyalty with strict hierarchies are in place.A hard physical existance.,Women in my opinion real men's men only want for one thing, sex rest of the time if they had their way women would not be around.If a man enjoys a womans company more than his male friends he is basically a transexual in training. There is a girl Iam thinking of dating right, but I know if I won't have that edge my weights will go down in the gym and she will make me soft.

So anyone think my uncle had a point?
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Cavemen days ?! Hahahahahahaha.

Seriously, you don't have a point at all. Some men are just pussies to begin with, and therefore, they just bow down to whatever girlfriend they get.

I don't. So I'm capable of having a girlfriend and retaining my masculinity. Safe to say I have never once been dragged clothes shopping by a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I think too much non-sexual contact with women feminises men i.e your shopping example.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of men and women enjoy platonic friendships with one another; The influence of the opposite gender can have a beneficial effect on both genders.
    I'm slightly disturbed by how much you are listening to your violent, wife-beating uncle ...

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things do guys talk about when women aren't there? Apart from the obvious sports, gaming, "check out the tits on her" talk...

ReputationRep:
    I drag my girlfriend clothes shopping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    We are not as hard as we were when single as we are getting regular sex.
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    This is probably true for immature and testosterone driven men who can't think beyond the front of their trousers.
    Plenty of men have positive fun and healthy relationships with women which don't result in domestic violence and/or subservience to their woman. The whole idea of dominance in a relationship is just ridiculous. Unless that's what you're into, of course :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Wowza

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.