Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please dont kick me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    What a fraud. Are you talking about the statistic which had 13% of young British Muslims suggesting that they 'understood' the motives? We've pulled you up on that one already. I'm not a Muslim and even I think I 'understand' what their motives were, doesn't mean I agree with them. Poison is the racism of the BNP cynically attacking Muslims as part of their white-nationalist/'racial brotherhood'/English-genome (whatever that is) fantasy. It used to be the Jews of course, and I don't think they've been forgotten either.
    'Understood' in my view is nothing more than a euphemism for 'sympathise'. I think anyone educated on a particular issue can have an understanding of anything. Like, how I - strangely enough - can understand how you follow a doctrine that has murdered millions of people. But the survey would, undoubtedly, have been alluding to a 'sympathetic understanding'. Otherwise it would've been nothing but a test of knowledge which wouldn't have been their goal anyway. :rolleyes: I find it laughable how you pick and choose with regards to what form of extremism you think is 'poison' (and the BNP aren't even extremist when juxtaposed with Islamic fundamentalism). LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    'Understood' in my view is nothing more than a euphemism for 'sympathise'. I think anyone educated on a particular issue can have an understanding of anything. Like, how I - strangely enough - can understand how you follow a doctrine that has murdered millions of people. But the survey would, undoubtedly, have been alluding to a 'sympathetic understanding'. Otherwise it would've been nothing but a test of knowledge which wouldn't have been their goal anyway. :rolleyes: I find it laughable how you pick and choose with regards to what form of extremism you think is 'poison' (and the BNP aren't even extremist when juxtaposed with Islamic fundamentalism). LOL.
    ... But did the respondents see it that way? Sounds like a great example of a loaded question tbh.

ReputationRep:
    the party has reformed; with a central agenda of nationalism and support for indigenous Britons (not white people - it has nothing to do with white/'aryan' people).
    Isn't it convenient though that the 'indigenous Britons' in their list all happen to be white? The old immigrants- vikings etc- that the BNP allow to be classed as British are all white ones. The more recent immigrants that are not British according to the BNP include many Black and Asian people. You're probably going to say this is a coincidence... but what exactly IS their cut off point? What about people who are black but whose family have been in Britain for centuries as they were brought here as slaves? Are they 'indigenous Britons?' At what point exactly is someone's heritage 'British' for long enough for them to be indigenous?

And... if you don't base it on a period of time, what exactly makes some immigrant groups 'British' over others in the BNP's eyes? If its not something to do with race, what the hell is it?

Basically... define indigenous British, because this country has had immigration for centuries, and many of these immigrants make it on to Griffin's list of natives.

'Understood' in my view ...
    Yeah, but 'your view' is, like, twisted.

The fact is that the question was with reference to whether people felt they 'understood' what was done; anything else is you being a fraud.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand the motives of certain extremists. I can understand the motives of youths who go around swearing at society, and I can understand the motives of young Muslims getting into extreme Islamic philosophy. I would never do something so outrageous, though. People like George Galloway can understand resentment people have towards UK/American/Western foreign policy, or why people from certain areas may get involved in explicit hate groups.

ReputationRep:
    We can have anyone in Britain who are already here. I'm not talking about kicking anybody out. I wouldn't accept immigration from anywhere; Germany, Scandanavia, Iraq, Congo, Sudan, Nigeria, wherever. Britain's full; shut the doors.
    Would you allow British people to leave though? Because some British people choose to emigrate to Australia, NZ etc because they believe it will improve their quality of life. To me this doesn't seem so different to, for example, an Iraqi or a Scandinavian moving to Britain to improve their quality of life.

It seems to me that either you allow Britain participation in the world, which means some level of immigration, or you bar the gates in both directions. I don't much like the idea of not being allowed to move anywhere else if I chose to do so. Even if this wasn't official policy, if you did ban immigration from every country in the world, other countries would soon return the favour, resulting in a de facto ban on British people moving anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Yeah, but 'your view' is, like, twisted.
    LOL :teeth:

Again, I don't overtly demonstate my following of an ideology responsible for the deaths of millions of people. :wink2:

(Original post by Oswy)
    The fact is that the question was with reference to whether people felt they 'understood' what was done; anything else is you being a fraud.
    Can you outline any definition of 'understood' - completely negating knowledge - which does not entail sympathy? I don't believe there is one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Probably be on BBC iPlayer soon.

EDIT: It's on there already. :eek:
    Great, gonna watch it for the lolz

ReputationRep:
    LOL :teeth:

This is Cambodia right? Noam Chomsky supported and defended Pol Pot for ages until even he had to condemn him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess041288)
    Would you allow British people to leave though? Because some British people choose to emigrate to Australia, NZ etc because they believe it will improve their quality of life. To me this doesn't seem so different to, for example, an Iraqi or a Scandinavian moving to Britain to improve their quality of life.

It seems to me that either you allow Britain participation in the world, which means some level of immigration, or you bar the gates in both directions. I don't much like the idea of not being allowed to move anywhere else if I chose to do so. Even if this wasn't official policy, if you did ban immigration from every country in the world, other countries would soon return the favour, resulting in a de facto ban on British people moving anywhere.
    Yes. Nationalists are concerned primarily with the wellbeing of their own nation regardless of the out-going of people. As long as emigration doesn't have a detrimental effect on the nation then there's nothing stopping them. If other countries adopt similar policies and refuse them entry then, of course, that's their policy and should be accepted. I don't think other countries would bar migration from a country that bans immigration. Immigration laws are extremely tough in Australia and a range of Middle Eastern countries - there's no clampdown on the people residing here who want to emigrate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Nationalists are concerned primarily with the wellbeing of their own nation regardless of the out-going of people. As long as emigration doesn't have a detrimental effect on the nation then there's nothing stopping them. If other countries adopt similar policies and refuse them entry then, of course, that's their policy and should be accepted. I don't think other countries would bar migration from a country that bans immigration. Immigration laws are extremely tough in Australia and a range of Middle Eastern countries - there's no clampdown on the people residing here who want to emigrate.
    may I ask, do you support the BNP?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    What has he said that would suggest support for the BNP?

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Then why do you create many threads to do with the BNP and you have been on this thread for hours, this isn't the first time I've seen you on these sort of threads. I have also heard you are anti-labour and supported aspects of BNP ideology.

Again, I don't overtly demonstate my following of an ideology responsible for the deaths of millions of people. :wink2:

Can you outline any definition of 'understood' - completely negating knowledge - which does not entail sympathy? I don't believe there is one.
    You consistently support the BNP here, a party created in the image of Nazism by neo-Nazi John Tyndall in the 1980s with the aim of creating an 'ethnically pure' nation, an aim the BNP still hold as central. Blaming Marx and Marxism for a string of regimes which came about long after his death and which didn't in any sense fit with the very little he said about Communism anyway, is absurd. Hitler was responsible for Nazism because it was his creation, likewise Mussolini and Fascism. Marx can no more be blamed for Stalin's actions than Jesus can be blamed for the KKK (yes, they believe themselves to be a Christian movement).

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if it's been said, but this reminds me of how Hitler downplayed anti-Semitism in order to promote other policies and get as many votes as possible in the final elections... History repeats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    The bit in bold proves nothing. I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely providing random statements with no statistics is exactly what people hate the BNP for... I could just as easily say, "I know Muslims who support extremism. Yay, BNP ftw" but that would be silly.
    Yes, quite true. Although I would say that the majority of rational Muslims also abhore extremism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    Then why do you create many threads to do with the BNP and you have been on this thread for hours, this isn't the first time I've seen you on these sort of threads. I have also heard you are anti-labour and supported aspects of BNP ideology.
    :eek: .........and..being anti-labour turns you into a BNP supporting racist nowadays does it? As much as the Labour party would love you to think that it does not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    What has he said that would suggest support for the BNP?
    Er, everything. He just doesn't come straight out and say "I support the BNP", which co-incidently I'd respect him a lot more if he did.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.