Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Eminem - Beautiful watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazetron)
    True dat.

Plus Underground is the best song on the album. Then Insane.
    :yep: :yep: :yep:
    +rep

ReputationRep:
    Love this song.

ReputationRep:
    True dat.

Plus Underground is the best song on the album. Then Insane.
    Hello is also one of the better ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I can't wait, apparently he and Dre have been in the studio more than ever. I bet he's got albums of unreleased material! :mad:
    too right
    understatement of the millenium

ReputationRep:
    It feels real, OP, because he wrote the first verse and half of verse two when he was in rehab. It's an awesome tune. Video could've been better, but you can't have everything.

ReputationRep:
    Im more a fan of 3am to be honest.
    yes i agree! proper sing a long one

and also my mom

ReputationRep:
    As a general rule, I listen to stuff I like, not what everyone else likes. I don't feel influenced by the mainstream, besides I never listen to it because it's poo. Even when I listen to hardcore/hard dance/hardstyle/trance/makina it's normally underground hardcore stuff. Anything mainstream is just catchy and won't last more than a few listens.
    I thought the goal objective for music was to be catchy and memorable. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    too right
    No doubt it will come out when he dies, lollll.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big Eminem fan, but I don't like this song. Too much singing, I much prefer his darker rap songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    too right
    Around 300 in his hiatus I read in this article a while back, this is a real good read tbh.

"As a result – and this is critical when considering the potential impact of Relapse – Eminem's so-called "missing years" have actually been surprisingly productive. "He's never stopped recording. Ever," adds Simaan. "I hear they've got over 300 songs in the can from what he's produced in the last three years. I've seen him write. He's a fast worker. He'll write one line, then three lines, then four lines, in all separate parts of the page. Then he'll come back to it, and say this is a sweet line, or that's working for him, and just pull everything together almost instantly. The guy's a total genius."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...r-1544787.html

ReputationRep:
    I adore him and I am glad he is finally back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    I thought the goal objective for music was to be catchy and memorable. :rolleyes:
    Catchy =/= good. The aim of music isn't to be catchy; try YouTube - Lowkey (Relatives) or Plan B (Missing Links and Sick 2 Def). Thinking that the aim of music is to be catchy puts you right in the 'mainstream' bracket, well done you.

ReputationRep:
    ...and Insane is just too much. How can he just write **** like that? Ahh well, that's why everyone loves Em.

ReputationRep:
    Catchy =/= good. The aim of music isn't to be catchy; try YouTube - Lowkey (Relatives) or Plan B (Missing Links and Sick 2 Def). Thinking that the aim of music is to be catchy puts you right in the 'mainstream' bracket, well done you.
    I like music that I like :dontknow:

Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't care if they are mainstream, unsigned, unknown, etc. None of this influences what kind of music I like.

ReputationRep:
    You are chatting bull... most of the mainstream stuff is crap, so what the hell are you trying to say?

You're implying that mainstream music is good; yes, we all love music with no meaning and a novelty factor. :rolleyes:
    elitist alert

ReputationRep:
    I like music that I like :dontknow:

Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't care if they are mainstream, unsigned, unknown, etc. None of this influences what kind of music I like.
    No, you said that the global aim of music is to be catchy. Have you a source for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    elitist alert
    Says you with your gold gem. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, you said that the global aim of music is to be catchy. Have you a source for this?
    No, that source is me. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    No, that source is me. :bigsmile:
    In that case, I will pretend you never said it. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Around 300 in his hiatus I read in this article a while back, this is a real good read tbh.

"As a result – and this is critical when considering the potential impact of Relapse – Eminem's so-called "missing years" have actually been surprisingly productive. "He's never stopped recording. Ever," adds Simaan. "I hear they've got over 300 songs in the can from what he's produced in the last three years. I've seen him write. He's a fast worker. He'll write one line, then three lines, then four lines, in all separate parts of the page. Then he'll come back to it, and say this is a sweet line, or that's working for him, and just pull everything together almost instantly. The guy's a total genius."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...r-1544787.html
    good find it is an interesting read, 300 is bloody brilliant!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.