Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to politely say "I'm not interested, stop it!"? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Pleasse don't say it's you.

I thought you liked me! It was you who asked for my number on MSN not I and you enjoyed going out with me that day. You said you had to go home because of a family emergency! I thought we were getting along really well.
    If this isn't an impostor then your appearance is extremely ironic to say the least.

I know it's difficult to accept defeat sometimes with lasses , and it irks me how some of them can be bit insincere about their feelings - seen it before a few times .

I've an ultimatum for you: do you want to leave this girl to her own devices, accept defeat and get on leading your own life? Or would you like things to get much more messy with possible police involvement and a criminal record? There are laws against this kind of harassment , that's what it is - she doesn't want to have anything to do with you , and you need to realise this , not least for your own self respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Lmao !

What's #17 btw

:p:
    Haha :p:
    Look at post #17, I'd laugh if it was actually him.
    Looks like OPs problem is sorted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Be honest. I much rather women be honest with me than make up boyfriends et al.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarubobo28)
    Haha :p:
    Look at post #17, I'd laugh if it was actually him.
    Looks like OPs problem is sorted :rolleyes:
    Lol :O

haha

Anyways I don't like talking in threads . PM me if you want and we can chat , otherwise bye

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you're a lesbian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    Cut all contact with him..delete his number/block his number, take him off facebook etc and if you see him in person again just say that you don't want to talk anymore. Be blunt or he'll never get it.
    This. Though I'd be worried he might turn into a fruit loop if you cut him out altogether so suddenly, meaning chances are he wouldn't take kindly to you telling him you didn't want to talk if he saw you on the road.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you just tell him you're not interested? And be like BACK OFF.

Yeyuh, he should get the hint then! Ze fool.

Get the police involved.

This could turn bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon or delete.

Hey guys,

I've tried to post this a while ago but I don't think my post worked.
    Anyways, I'm a girl(18) and there is this guy(16) who is kinda creeping me out now by his constant tries of wanting to go out with me.

Now, he isn't from my school but we're from the same city, I first came across him at a science/UCAS conference. He literally went up to me and started a convo with me.
    I'm fine with meeting new people so talked, then he asked for my email "so [he] could ask me questions about the courses"; I thought, "fair enough" and gave it to him.
    Then he added me on MSN, we talked, but then I sensed from his messages that he's probably interested in me, so i tried to hint that it's not going to work by telling him "I'm 18 and you're like..16? It's a BIG difference.". Still, that didn't seem to have putted him off. One day heasked whether I'd like to meet up to just talk about doing sciences at uni as he's quite confused about it. Well, I thought may be he needs actual guidance so I agreed(and I'm sort of like a "uni advisor" at school anyways).

it turned out to be quite like a date, he was offering to buy me stuff and etc as well trying to ask me about science courses. I was really annoyed by that and made up an excuse and went home.

He keeps texting me, phoning me and chatting to me on msn, at first I texted back and talked, but then realised he's still besotted with me and just stopped having any contacts with him, hoping that he'll eventually just give up and realise it.

...But he didn't. Carried on trying to contact me, he even found out which school I go to, added me on face book and etc. Sent me PMs on FB asking for my address and etc. A few times he even appeared outside the school gate waiting for me.
    when i saw him, I try to act politely, making up excuses that I'm VERY busy and I can't help with anything atm.

He just doesn't seem to get the message that "I'm NOT interested, please just go away". This has been going on for more than half a year now. I'm getting pretty scared that he's like a stalker and will eventualyl do something to me.

What should I do to stop it? How can I just say it politely without causing any grudge/hatred to him to "stop following me!"?
    I don't want this to go on any further! HELP!
    "I'm gay" :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.