Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would say get a job, make friends and money at the same time, but its damn near impossible at the moment.

So use your time to try find one (assuming you havent got one as every place ive ever worked ive made friends for life), then hopefully when you do eventually, you too can make friends there.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't exactly say I have no friends, but one of my close friends just has all his time taken up by his girlfriend now, and some of my other friends are, to be frank, lame. Going to the gym and watching TV shows online can only take up so much time. I don't think I'll be able to get a job either. I would go to the summertime events organised by people from my school, but I would feel out of place, because I'm emphatically not part of the cool group or the 'in crowd'.

We need a TSR meet lol

ReputationRep:
    find a good hobby, i always say this but it's the truth, it's a great way to make new friends and you can find something you can do by yourself. i've been riding my bike/making jumps so much that i haven't had time yet for a lot of things i was going to do, keeps me in decent shape too along with a tan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im one of those people with not so many friends, and i hate it. Im friendly with people, but i only have 2 or 3 close friends that i actually hang out with. Its not that i dont like meeting new people, i just dont tend to ever get invited out with people, because no one considers me to be a close friend. To make matters worse, i recently broke up with my boyfriend, and even though we're still quite close, i dont see much of him either.

I just feel like this summer's going to be loooong and boring, and i really wish i could be one of those busy people who's always doing things and seeing people. I feel like such a loser when people ask what ive been up to and i have nothing to talk about, because ive literally done nothing.

Does anyone know what i mean? Like, im not unpopular, but i feel like as soon a school finished, people just forgot about me because i dont fit into any friendship groups.

I really want to keep myself busy over summer and see people, but im too shy to ask people if they wanna do stuff, because im scared it'll be awkward, or like im intruding on their groups. Any advice? xx

I'm not lonely, I have loads of friends, but I don't get invited out either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Hmmm, I actually feel unpopular right now, which is a rarity for me.

Actually, it's never happened before. I've never been home as much as the last few months. Sucks really. Alot of it's my own fault now too.

Fml.
    Your arrogance reeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie Fruit Freak)
    Your arrogance reeks.
    No, that's your wilful unpleasantness.

ReputationRep:
    Same as OP. I'd post as Anonymous #6 but I can't be arsed. It sounds easy to ring up or facebook some of my old friends and ask them to go out, but social situations stress me out chronically so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    No, that's your wilful unpleasantness.
    O rele?

ReputationRep:
    O rele?
    Ya rly.

ReputationRep:
    Your arrogance reeks.

My arrogance? Nono darling, I'm just being honest.

It's ridiculous that as soon as someone says something positive about themselves, it's arrogant.

Fool.

ReputationRep:
    ive had about 2 lame ish summers now

in 2007 i went america after my a levels, came back did naff all and then got my results

last year i was just working all the time because i had nothing better to do.

this year its the same.

being on a gap year really messes up your social life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    ive had about 2 lame ish summers now

in 2007 i went america after my a levels, came back did naff all and then got my results

last year i was just working all the time because i had nothing better to do.

this year its the same.

being on a gap year really messes up your social life.
    I regret not doing a gap year as it would give me something to put on a CV about travelling and stuff. Also, I don't have much of a social life to lose.

ReputationRep:
    1. Go away, visit a foreign country inter railing or something, you can go by yourself and meet loads of interesting people.

2. Just invite other people you talk to to do stuff, no one is going to say no, because however much people may seam busy they still feel the same as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I regret not doing a gap year as it would give me something to put on a CV about travelling and stuff. Also, I don't have much of a social life to lose.
    Well with regards to my gap year all ive done is work work work, learn to drive (almost! lol) and go to san francisco

i was just thinking about this the other day, i really havent used my gap year enough.. i mean my work mates are all in college and they tell me i should be living it up, going out late at night, going parties etcc no exam worries = good times etcc

when really its not been like that at all

ive had to pay bills, work my ass off to save money for uni and going to america and deal with the fact my social life had dwindled in the past year.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend! if you live close Ill invit you out ;-)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im one of those people with not so many friends, and i hate it. Im friendly with people, but i only have 2 or 3 close friends that i actually hang out with. Its not that i dont like meeting new people, i just dont tend to ever get invited out with people, because no one considers me to be a close friend. To make matters worse, i recently broke up with my boyfriend, and even though we're still quite close, i dont see much of him either.

I just feel like this summer's going to be loooong and boring, and i really wish i could be one of those busy people who's always doing things and seeing people. I feel like such a loser when people ask what ive been up to and i have nothing to talk about, because ive literally done nothing.

Does anyone know what i mean? Like, im not unpopular, but i feel like as soon a school finished, people just forgot about me because i dont fit into any friendship groups.

I really want to keep myself busy over summer and see people, but im too shy to ask people if they wanna do stuff, because im scared it'll be awkward, or like im intruding on their groups. Any advice? xx
    E-mail me: [email protected] if you live nearby we can maybe hang out

ReputationRep:
    Get a job, chat to people on tsr (may not be going out but you will feel like your doing something) and op, you have to make the change you want to see, dont think it will happen on its own

(Original post by Summer24)
    I'll be your friend! if you live close Ill invit you out ;-)
    snap on this

ReputationRep:
    i'm just the same. decided foolishly to spend my summer in canada where my parents now live - i assumed i'd be able to make friends while i was working, but no jobs have come along. and the few people i do know over here don't seem to want to see me. so i'm completely housebound with no one to see and nothing to do.

a bottle of peach schnapps is eyeing me up. and it's not even 4 here. deary me.

ReputationRep:
    il be your friend if you want

ReputationRep:
    i asked my friends to go out hanging out with me,but they knida seem like o,i ve just gone shopping lately,or its rainy,i dont feel like going out,or o,i am scared of swine flu...its just so hard to get people out these days

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.