Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't know any better I would have said that I wrote that.

I think I am in a slightly worse boat than you though. I have 2 close friends but whilst I am in Liverpool they live further away than Manchester (Takes over an hour to get to them and costs around £15 each trip). They work all week and whilst I work too I get hardly any hours so I can't actually afford to see them on the days they have off. I have also recently broken up with my boyfriend who I don't see at all. So I am actually spending the entire summer at work or alone in my room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am anonymous 5 if you check properly, why are you on TSR, this forum is for the academic elite.:yep:
    What I'm doing here has nothing to do with you.

ReputationRep:
    im kinda in this situation aswell, i do go out and stuff, feel like i wana do more though and to be honest im kinda growing apart from my old school friends due to the fact alot of the time were doing different things and it does take time to organise when you dont see youre friends everyday like i used too. Im just really glad im going uni in september i cant wait to meet new people and be somewhere where there is actually things to do if i wasnt going i dont no what i would do at all :|

I feel the same, I'm depressed as hell. Feeling excluded from old school friends, which I didnt have many to start with. All my summers were spent like that. Except for last year, when I had a boyfriend and I hung out with him all the time. But we broke up so.. I'm all alone again.

Gosh, I'm 20, and I've never been so depressed. I've never had many friends, and right now I'm completely lonely.

I feel like crying.

I also wanted to add, I'm perhaps the epitome of the word 'loser'.

In the exact same position as you OP. All I do is stay at home as no one invites me out,am seriously struggling to find a job and this summer has probably been the worst yet.Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    We should arrange a TSR meet, to kill some boredom :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    We should arrange a TSR meet, to kill some boredom :proud:
    We should all meet in Stafford. Someone gloss this over with "it's central to everyone" so that it doesn't sound like I just don't want to travel. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just the same. I have a couple of people who call themselves my friends but only when it suits them to do so. Most of the time they don't care. And i never get invited out.

So, as has been the case every school holiday for the past 13 years, i won't be doing anything at all.

where are all the anons from? baggsy anon 9

ReputationRep:
    Ok people, we all have no friends and are losers, lets all meet up and get smashed.

ReputationRep:
    Easier said than done i'm sure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know what you mean. That happened to me a couple of years ago when i left school.
    Just make sure you see a lot of the friends you have and maybe you could do other stuff aswell like getting a part time job (if you can find one) and doing volunteer work.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to know there are other people in the same boat. I'm trying to find a job but it's not really happening! Can't afford a holiday without one either... I meet up with friends about once a week but most are working.

Sooo, I've decided to concentrate on learning to drive (and finding a job of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sexbomb)
    Would say get a job, make friends and money at the same time, but its damn near impossible at the moment.

So use your time to try find one (assuming you havent got one as every place ive ever worked ive made friends for life), then hopefully when you do eventually, you too can make friends there.
    whatever. Getting a job is still easy if you actually try. You just have to make an effort. Either that or I'm some sort of God when it comes to being employable, but I doubt that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, You should join a summer class for a hobby you have and want to develop and you will meet like minded people. you are so serious, it really strikes me. you should just lighten up a bit, talk to people you have stuff in common with, dont worry - worrying makes people steer clear of you, you make me want to give you a big hug ! not to sound condecending. i honestly recommend the summer class thing, i did dressmaking and met hundreds of new people and still talk to them today. im more of a drifter myself - i dont have static friendships but i do rely on unassuming aquantences to have a good time. just try invite yourself, it does work. but be yourself you say the people you know have groups, dont mould into them because you want to be part of the crowd -be yourself and you will attract people to you.
    good luck x

Omg, you're just like me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarethBrown)
    whatever. Getting a job is still easy if you actually try. You just have to make an effort. Either that or I'm some sort of God when it comes to being employable, but I doubt that.
    Getting a job would help, but i'm too damn shy to have a job, if someone said something to me i would probably be so dumb struck that i'd be rendered speachless for the rest of the day.

I'm not good with new people (expecially of the female variety), which is part of the reason i have no friends, and why it will be a boring summer

ReputationRep:
    I guess my social life isnt as bad as it could be, but it could be a lot better.
    I have certain people i could go out with, but its always the same bloody thing - "Cinema?" and i'm like, "At 7 quid a time, sure, i can totally afford that" Tsk.
    I would feel okay because i have one friend that i've been spending a lot of time with, and another friend that i know i could spend a lot of time with if i got over myself.
    But i have a 'one-upper' friend, whose task it seems in life, is to always make me feel lonelier and friendless than i actually am.
    I text her really briefly, like i need a one word response, and she manages to mold the fact that shes at 'this huge barbecue and nobody knows the answer'. Whilst i'm at home catching up on telly that i've missed, but god knows not by doing anything interesting.

Roll on uni.

ReputationRep:
    Get some friends then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.