Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OP sounds like me, i sound like you op.
    its so rubbish =[

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. At school I would be expected to be out with everyone and when i do i enjoy it and so does everyone else but i dont know why it doesnt happen more often. I was thinking about getting facebook which might get me out a bit more.

I know exactly how you feel. At school I would be expected to be out with everyone and when i do i enjoy it and so does everyone else but i dont know why it doesnt happen more often. I was thinking about getting facebook which might get me out a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if any of you live near London or want to visit London, I want to go to the Comedy Store and none of my friends will/can afford to at the moment, so there's something fun to do

ReputationRep:
    been kind of in a similar situation that i don't have people i can call friends, i used to feel sorry for myself but i've decided life is too short for that i'm trying my hardest to get myself a job as nothing is going to change if i sit around feeling sorry for myself.

anyway, op, if you want to chat (or anyone else for that matter) feel free to pm me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in same situation lol there are quite a few of us, maybe we are the majority

ReputationRep:
    Start talking more to some people who are your "acquaintances" on msn/facebook or sth and then gradually ask them if they wanna hang. Just invite yourself to random events =]

Just wanted to say I'm the exact same as you, so you're definetly not alone. I got pretty annoyed yesterday that I found out that someone who is supposed to be one of my best friends was holding a party and didn't invite me! Another friend commented me on Facebook before my last exam asking if I would be in so she could give me a party invitation, told her someone would be there at the very least and never ever received anything. Saw her and her mom in the car on Friday and they gave me such a weird look.

And it just makes me wonder more and more what the heck is wrong with me.

I'm pretty shy but right now there just seems to be a lack of a close friend. It sucks.

in the same position
    there should be a tsr meet for people like us definately!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position too.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im one of those people with not so many friends, and i hate it. Im friendly with people, but i only have 2 or 3 close friends that i actually hang out with. Its not that i dont like meeting new people, i just dont tend to ever get invited out with people, because no one considers me to be a close friend. To make matters worse, i recently broke up with my boyfriend, and even though we're still quite close, i dont see much of him either.

I just feel like this summer's going to be loooong and boring, and i really wish i could be one of those busy people who's always doing things and seeing people. I feel like such a loser when people ask what ive been up to and i have nothing to talk about, because ive literally done nothing.

Does anyone know what i mean? Like, im not unpopular, but i feel like as soon a school finished, people just forgot about me because i dont fit into any friendship groups.

I really want to keep myself busy over summer and see people, but im too shy to ask people if they wanna do stuff, because im scared it'll be awkward, or like im intruding on their groups. Any advice? xx
    OMG yea i know what you mean. I hate holidays it just highlights how many friends i do not have. I do have a few close friends, but i don't like doing what they do e.g clubbing, drinking etc.
    What makes things worse is that i have a friend (i used to go to high school with her now we go to different colleges) she has made new friends that are wealthy so now she has become materialistic and always showing off about the stuff she does and just makes me feel like i have no life. So i want to get away from her for a while and then come to back to her showing off my exciting life and make her feel like rubbish the way she did with me (sound pathetic i know)

So don't think you are alone. I am going to be so lonely this year as all my friends are off to uni and i will be in college finishing off a couple of subjects i added during my A2 year (I am a right geek i know) so i will be friend free for a year

All i know is that i do not look forward to uni cos most likely i will be the only alcohol free sado in the group...no one wants to invite people like me to parties *sighs*

100% same position as OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheConfuddledOne)
    Well, if any of you live near London or want to visit London, I want to go to the Comedy Store and none of my friends will/can afford to at the moment, so there's something fun to do
    How about this for a TSR meet? A fun day out in London?

im in the same position too, went out twice during my a-level. what really buggers me is ppl that pretend to be ur friends but theyre not. also, im not that kind of person who likes clubbing etc and im not the only 1. luckily ive got a few close friends but i havent spoken to them that much since ive finished college mid june.

any1 who suggested a tsr meeting, bring it on

ReputationRep:
    I have only several close friends, which i am completely fine with. I like have people who I know rather then a load who I barely know. Sadly one of them has turned quite cold towards me of late, only speaks to me when I am useful to them and generally ignores me. Which kinda sucks to be honest :P

Find the people you get on with most is all i can offer.

Tho generally....people do suck, its in our nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    We should all meet in Stafford. Someone gloss this over with "it's central to everyone" so that it doesn't sound like I just don't want to travel. Cheers!
    Yes....stafford....I agree with this as it is only a bus ride away.
    Also it is in the midlands so that is generally the central location and would make it easier for everyone :yep:

This sounds like me!! My summers sound so similar and will probably be extra boring this year as all my close friends have boyfriends to hang round with

Anyway, just try to keep yourself busy - take up a sport (or running or something), learn a language, redecorate your room - anything to keep busy!!! Also, maybe try inviting a few acquaintances to the cinema or something? Or invite some close friends and say they can bring more people? This way you should be able to become closer to more people.

Hope it goes okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lderan)
    Yes....stafford....I agree with this as it is only a bus ride away.
    Also it is in the midlands so that is generally the central location and would make it easier for everyone :yep:
    Cheers for the backup

ReputationRep:
    isn't there an obvious solution to this group problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samthevet123)
    isn't there an obvious solution to this group problem?
    A free penguin I am hoping :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.