Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im one of those people with not so many friends, and i hate it. Im friendly with people, but i only have 2 or 3 close friends that i actually hang out with. Its not that i dont like meeting new people, i just dont tend to ever get invited out with people, because no one considers me to be a close friend. To make matters worse, i recently broke up with my boyfriend, and even though we're still quite close, i dont see much of him either.

I just feel like this summer's going to be loooong and boring, and i really wish i could be one of those busy people who's always doing things and seeing people. I feel like such a loser when people ask what ive been up to and i have nothing to talk about, because ive literally done nothing.

Does anyone know what i mean? Like, im not unpopular, but i feel like as soon a school finished, people just forgot about me because i dont fit into any friendship groups.

I really want to keep myself busy over summer and see people, but im too shy to ask people if they wanna do stuff, because im scared it'll be awkward, or like im intruding on their groups. Any advice? xx

I'm not that popular at my school but I have a few very good friends. I have a few problems though... 1. my parents wouldn't approve of my friends 2. I have no money and my parents wont pay for me to go places 3. my parents wont be bothered to drive me to a friends house and I cant walk there (closest friend to me is 5 miles away) 4. my parents wont allow me into town without my younger sister and I cant be bothered to ask her because shes too busy going to town with her friends and my parents dont mind her going without me. I have legit noone to spend the summer with because I have to bring my younger sister with me. My mum just sits an watches tv all day. To top all of this tomorrow my mum has decided its a NO DEVICE DAY where I am not allow to watch tv play on my phone etc. I am very bored

ReputationRep:
    I have the exact same situation but it's different cuz you at least have 2 - 3 close friends and dated. But I don't. This summer I or any summer did nothing. I have no video games. I just watched YouTube videos. There's been times I cried so much. I have never been to any party or any friendy events. I never hung out. Because nobody invites me. On top of that, my family is poor. So even if they do invite, just because I don't have a ride there I won't be able to visit. I will have to decline them. Hope your situation improved. 😭😭😭

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.