Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got the first water bill through the door, and they're billing us from February 2009 to March 2010. All very well and good, but we only moved in at the end of June- is this right? Are they allowed to do that? Confusion. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    you need to call them and tell them you only moved in in June. Did you read the water meter when you moved in? please say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    you need to call them and tell them you only moved in in June. Did you read the water meter when you moved in? please say yes.
    I'm around 90% certain the estate agent did; he's a legend. I was incredibly stressed around move-in because I'm obliged to do the brain-work on behalf of the other five people I'm living with. :rolleyes:

Cool. I'll call them when my voice has returned.

ReputationRep:
    you need that reading

ReputationRep:
    IF you didn't contact them when you moved in, they will probably just bill you from when the last tenant/occupier moved out.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.