Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my mum wouldn't send my sister to the local primary school because my sister would have been one of about 3 white kids.

Whenever you see a bunch of primary school kids on a trip here, you can always tell if they're private or not because the private ones are have always nearly completely white students (maybe 2/3 Asians).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Why move to Guernsey? It's so hideously white and homogenous there!

I'm sure the residents of Handsworth and Peckham would be more than happy to meet you, and you might even meet a real life black person!

While you are there you can help keep a few illegal immigrants off the radar aswell, because they are ever so deserving of our undying love,support and help,aren't they?

/sarcasm off
    If you actually offered a decent argument instead of excreting the same old pixellated bile then I might feel compelled to answer your points. But you would obviously rather lower the tone of the entire discussion to simple mud slinging and to detract from the main points.

It's no wonder, you hardly have morals or truth on your side, I don't blame you for wanting to feel like you're still fighting for the poor dejected British masses. Now I'm going for a bit and I'll come back and talk to you when you're good and ready and have calmed down a little bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    If you actually offered a decent argument instead of excreting the same old pixellated bile then I might feel compelled to answer your points. But you would obviously rather lower the tone of the entire discussion to simple mud slinging and to detract from the main points.

It's no wonder, you hardly have morals or truth on your side, I don't blame you for wanting to feel like you're still fighting for the poor dejected British masses. Now I'm going for a bit and I'll come back and talk to you when you're good and ready and have calmed down a little bit
    Why don't you actually respond to the point instead of trying to avoid it? What he's saying is fairly obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew so many racists read The Times (look at the comments).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)

My rather crude mockery of your hypocrisy does have a standing in the truth,though. For one so keen on the multi-cultural experiment, you do seem to want to distance yourself from it judging from your location.

I have revealed a legitimate wider point which stems throughout society- those at the top are out of touch, and the only true supporters of the multicultural experiment are the ones who live furthest from it.

ReputationRep:
    the multi-cultural experiment
    END THIS FAILED DEMOCRATIC EXPERIMENT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asert)
    END THIS FAILED DEMOCRATIC EXPERIMENT
    Funny how it wasn't democratic. The British public never got a vote on mass immigration,that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    What is happening in some areas is nothing short of ethnic cleansing against the native population.
    :rofl:

Its not ethnic cleansing when the so-called native population choses to segregate themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Why don't you actually respond to the point instead of trying to avoid it? What he's saying is fairly obvious.
    Oh come on, it's not like Georgecopter is old enough to actively be able to move away from the Channel Islands.

He didn't choose to live there, ergo, any ad hominem mudslinging and accusations of hypocrisy are invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    :rofl:

Its not ethnic cleansing when the so-called native population choses to segregate themselves.
    There is no denying that the treatment of some natives in various areas has been so hate-filled and violent that the subsequent "white flight" which was caused was more forced based on experience than voluntary based on mindless racism.

ReputationRep:
    These thread make me so sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    Oh come on, it's not like Georgecopter is old enough to actively be able to move away from the Channel Islands.

He didn't choose to live there, ergo, any ad hominem mudslinging and accusations of hypocrisy are invalid.
    Although the whole point of "movement" wasn't valid, the hypocrisy comes with him presenting himself as the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to multiculturalism despite living in conditions that are anything but multicultural; thus clearly demonstrating the obvious fact that, in general, those most supportive of multiculturalism are those furthest from it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this does go both ways, as others have said. I live in Devon, and shall be going to a different school's sixth form in September for the IB; will be the only minority in the group. But, at the end of the day, I'll be very happy so long as I don't experience any discrimination along the way. So, I suppose I can see the issue from the parents' point of view. Yet, at the same time, can we ever be sure of their reasoning? I'm not sure fear of bullying is the main idea behind it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    That's actually quite interesting, although no doubt people would see it as being racist...
    Yeah but it's not nice to feel foregn in your own country. I found myself feeling intimidated when i go to parts of London or Harrow where its quite hard to find anyone British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    That'll likely always happen all over the world. Can be called racism, but heck, everyone's minutely racist inside. Human nature.

Btw, I'm from a minority.
    As I understand it the motivation to move isn't a racial one but rather one concerning the standard of education.

In a lot of schools where there is a large ethnic intake with many students not being native English speakers the standard of education has fallen. The parents who have a choice will move their kids if necessary, whether it be by moving elsewhere and/or putting their children through a private education.

They want what's best for their kids, you can't fault them at that and I'm sure that if you were in their situation you'd do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    That's actually quite interesting, although no doubt people would see it as being racist...
    A report I read said parents actually wanted their children to go to mixed schools, but at the schools in question the level of non-English-speaking children was so high that they feared their own children's education would suffer.

So it seems not a matter of race but rather a matter of language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    As I understand it the motivation to move isn't a racial one but rather one concerning the standard of education.

In a lot of schools where there is a large ethnic intake with many students not being native English speakers the standard of education has fallen. The parents who have a choice will move their kids if necessary, whether it be by moving elsewhere and/or putting their children through a private education.

They want what's best for their kids, you can't fault them at that and I'm sure that if you were in their situation you'd do the same.
    Sorry didn't see that before I posted. Yes, basically this.

ReputationRep:
    There is no denying that the treatment of some natives in various areas has been so hate-filled and violent that the subsequent "white flight" which was caused was more forced based on experience than voluntary based on mindless racism.
    So parents pulling their children out of schools where they aren't ethnic majorities is not because they don't want their children to be a "visible minority" but because of violence? You should write to the The Institute of Community Cohesion because you obviosly know something they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    After one hundred thousand years of human experience, war and death, the planet was divided into countries of different ethnic groups. Now multiculturalism.
    (Original post by Times Comment)
    After one hundred thousand years of human experience, war and death, the planet was divided into countries of different ethnic groups. Now multiculturalism. What happend next...

Steven Hasland, Sheffield, UK
    Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    So parents pulling their children out of schools where they aren't ethnic majorities is not because they don't want their children to be a "visible minority" but because of violence? You should write to the The Institute of Community Cohesion because you obviosly know something they don't.
    Not in every case, but in some. I speak more of white flight from areas than white flight from schools, although I guess it applies accross both issues.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.