Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Not in every case, but in some. I speak more of white flight from areas than white flight from schools, although I guess it applies accross both issues.
    If it applied to both then I'm sure it would be mentioned in the report.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    I would disagree. It wouldn't be very politically correct to mention such an idea,and thus would get left out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.
    It's like they think the idea of a multicultural society (sorry, EXPERIMENT) only happened in the past 10 years or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    I haven't lived in Guernsey my entire life, having lived in Stevenage for most of it.
    It must have been hard. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Parents in taking their kids out of sinking ****holes of a school shocker. Dianne Abbot, Labour party member for Hackney, led the way in that respect, a few years after criticising parents for doing so, and who could blame her.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it wouldn't. As you're well aware the Institute of Community Cohesion exists to promote community cohesion, they're not going to declare that they will fail - they'd have to move to another quango.

Similarly, but different, see if you can find good governmental figures on criminal convictions by race - from what I can see the government stopped publishing it about five years ago, can't think why...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    After one hundred thousand years of human experience, war and death, the planet was divided into countries of different ethnic groups. Now multiculturalism.
    Can't see the issue really.

Once again it's the pale-skinned folk who have the choice to go and run away from the supposed 'problem'. It's not like anyone's been rounding those pale-skinned kids and marching them away against their will is it?

I educated myself alongside many pale-skinned folk - didn't make me turn out too bad - in fact, I'm currently on better quals and a higher salary than many of them. I'm pretty sure being educated alongside darker-skinned folk isn't that bad too.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    What is happening in some areas is nothing short of ethnic cleansing against the native population.
    Once again, exaggerations, myths and lies! Do you ever learn?!

Ethnic cleansing involves genocide of an ethnic group against their will.

Rather like what happened with the Jews in Nazi Germany.

And with Muslims at Srebrenica.

And with Australian Aboriginals by British colonialists.

COLD BLOODED MURDER.

NOBODY IS MURDERING THOSE INNOCENT WHITE CHILDREN - THEIR PARENTS ARE SIMPLY EXERCISING THEIR RIGHT TO MOVE OUT OF A CERTAIN AREA AND SEND THEM TO A DIFFERENT SCHOOOL.

How the HELL is that ethnic cleansing? I've heart that argument from the far-right before and it's laughable.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)

Once again it's the pale-skinned folk who have the choice to go and run away from the supposed 'problem'. It's not like anyone's been rounding those pale-skinned kids and marching them away against their will is it?

I educated myself alongside many pale-skinned folk - didn't make me turn out too bad - in fact, I'm currently on better quals and a higher salary than many of them. I'm pretty sure being educated alongside darker-skinned folk isn't that bad too.

squish.
    You are "pale skinned folk"; presumably from a family which had the resources to send you to a good school. Middle class non-whites wouldn't accept a rubbish education alongside postcode gangs for their kids, if they had the choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Yeah but it's not nice to feel foregn in your own country. I found myself feeling intimidated when i go to parts of London or Harrow where its quite hard to find anyone British.
    Tell that to Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans.

Anyway, that point aside, why are you intimidated?

I'm sure it's not nice to feel foreign in your own country. But the chances are that Britain is the country of citizenship and nationality of most of those possibly darker-skinned people in Harrow. Let me tell you that it's not nice to feel marginalized, ostracized and feared just for having a slightly different skin complexion.

I live in a country where most people are of a paler skin complexion than me yet I don't walk the streets armed with a gun in fear of what the 'pale-skinned menace' might do to me - in fact, the vast majority of pale-skinned folk are pretty harmless and genial people.

Please be a little more brave, there really is no need to be so cowardly.

For every non-white murderer/paedophile/rapist in this country, I'm sure you could find a white murderer/paedophile/rapist counterpart. Please don't be so naive.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    You are "pale skinned folk"; presumably from a family which had the resources to send you to a good school. Middle class non-whites wouldn't accept a rubbish education alongside postcode gangs for their kids, if they had the choice.
    I'm of a medium complexion I'd say. I had to get a scholarship to go to the independent school which I attended - otherwise my parents could not have afforded it.

When I first arrived in the UK I attended a state school - I don't remember there being any 'postcode gangs'. State schools are perfectly adequate environments for learning provided you have the will to learn. A few pussy gang-members tend not to spend the whole day getting in your way - if they do resort to violence we have police to deal with mini-thugs like that.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Of course it wouldn't. As you're well aware the Institute of Community Cohesion exists to promote community cohesion, they're not going to declare that they will fail - they'd have to move to another quango.
    But then why did they declare that the ethnic majority doesn't want to attend schools where they no longer are the majority? Surely this hasn't helped community cohesion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve2005)
    Apartheid was a South African Policy - so your title is nonsense.
    Seconded.

And also meh - who cares about division between ethnicities?

ReputationRep:

squish.
    Please what does 'squish' mean.

ReputationRep:

I'm sure it's not nice to feel foreign in your own country. But the chances are that Britain is the country of citizenship and nationality of most of those possibly darker-skinned people in Harrow. Let me tell you that it's not nice to feel marginalized, ostracized and feared just for having a slightly different skin complexion.

I live in a country where most people are of a paler skin complexion than me yet I don't walk the streets armed with a gun in fear of what the 'pale-skinned menace' might do to me - in fact, the vast majority of pale-skinned folk are pretty harmless and genial people.

For every non-white murderer/paedophile/rapist in this country, I'm sure you could find a white murderer/paedophile/rapist counterpart. Please don't be so naive.

squish.
    As i thought, my comment would be taken completely out of proportion.

What's that to do with anything? I'm not saying i'm scared they're all gonna kill me ffs. But i can't even ask for directions because even those whom i think are English can barely speak English!

I have been to other countries stuff of course and it doesn't feel so intimidating. It could be more so to do with the area, Harrow is full of foreign teenage chavs everywhere all trying to speak like American gansters. Its annoying enough to walk down the road to a group of 10 chavs as it is.
    Adults tell me they feel intimidated going to Harrow too.
    Why are you assuming it's because they have different skin?

Again, its not because i assume they are going to shoot me. Intimidating does not necessarily mean fear. A common feeling of intimidation can occur with girls and their boyfriends. A girl comes over whom is extremely pretty and you can just feel intimidated by their presence. This also happens in guys.

If i was a 'coward' i wouldn't go to these places would i? 'Coward' is not defined by feeling afraid. It is defined by running away from a situation and not facing up to it. And owing that you know nothing about me, this comment is naive in itself.

You're once again assuming skin color. There's probably more 'criminals' whom are British then foreign, on the assumption theirs more British people then foreign.

You made a hell of a lot of assumptions based on one small comment. Its not like im so intimidated that i don't go out to these places, you just feel it slightly as you go past, many adults have also stated such.

I've also been in refuges and spoken to foreign people fleeing their country, i know the **** they go through and the fact a lot of them only want to live in peace, to build a future for their children.

ReputationRep:
    But then why did they declare that the ethnic majority doesn't want to attend schools where they no longer are the majority? Surely this hasn't helped community cohesion.
    If 'community cohesion' is not as magical as the this quango think it should be, who can they blame? Themselves? Ethnic minorities? White people?

ReputationRep:
    Once again, exaggerations, myths and lies! Do you ever learn?!

Ethnic cleansing involves genocide of an ethnic group against their will.

Rather like what happened with the Jews in Nazi Germany.

And with Muslims at Srebrenica.

And with Australian Aboriginals by British colonialists.

COLD BLOODED MURDER.

NOBODY IS MURDERING THOSE INNOCENT WHITE CHILDREN - THEIR PARENTS ARE SIMPLY EXERCISING THEIR RIGHT TO MOVE OUT OF A CERTAIN AREA AND SEND THEM TO A DIFFERENT SCHOOOL.

How the HELL is that ethnic cleansing? I've heart that argument from the far-right before and it's laughable.

squish.
    What has happened by a flood of third world immigration going to specific areas,forming ghettos, has resulted in a large amount of "white flight" from these areas. When such massive demographic change takes place, turning on the minority is not only likely,but inevitable. The forcing of some natives from certain areas is nothing short of ethnic cleansing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm of a medium complexion I'd say. I had to get a scholarship to go to the independent school which I attended - otherwise my parents could not have afforded it.

When I first arrived in the UK I attended a state school - I don't remember there being any 'postcode gangs'. State schools are perfectly adequate environments for learning provided you have the will to learn. A few pussy gang-members tend not to spend the whole day getting in your way
    lol you dont have a clue really do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Although the whole point of "movement" wasn't valid, the hypocrisy comes with him presenting himself as the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to multiculturalism despite living in conditions that are anything but multicultural; thus clearly demonstrating the obvious fact that, in general, those most supportive of multiculturalism are those furthest from it.
    What sort of experience have you had of multiculturalism? I think I know which secondary schools you went to and neither of them strike me as places where you're going to meet a wide variety of people (though I know basically nothing about the private one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harr)
    What sort of experience have you had of multiculturalism? I think I know which secondary schools you went to and neither of them strike me as places where you're going to meet a wide variety of people (though I know basically nothing about the private one).
    I spent effectively half my time in the squallor of the Midlands; so I had a chance to perceive both worlds. :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.