Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey all, can anyone help me understand what a Legal Case Management system do and it can benefit a law firm... i tryd searchin in different sites but i stil dont have better understabding.. looking forward to ur help.. Thnx

ReputationRep:
    You mean stuff like Lexus-Nexus, Westlaw and HeinOnline? If so, they're databases full of cases, statutes and articles, which you can search using key terms to find relevant law. They're like electronic statute books or case books. They're also alot easier to use than having to go to the law library and getting the exact references from the spines of book (it always reminded me of a big puzzle with clues).

It benefits a law firm by saving space and money in that they don't have to buy masses of legal texts but can merely subscribe to these sites and have all the information at their fingertips. Modern law firms would find it very difficult to function without them in terms of time consumption and general efficiency of use.

Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    Or do you mean one of those diary/case/client/contact systems which I have no idea about?

All I know is they 'eliminate much of the stress associated with the organisation of office files and document management, and therefore encourages high quality office practices.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneEyedYellowIdol)
    You mean stuff like Lexus-Nexus, Westlaw and HeinOnline? If so, they're databases full of cases, statutes and articles, which you can search using key terms to find relevant law. They're like electronic statute books or case books. They're also alot easier to use than having to go to the law library and getting the exact references from the spines of book (it always reminded me of a big puzzle with clues).

It benefits a law firm by saving space and money in that they don't have to buy masses of legal texts but can merely subscribe to these sites and have all the information at their fingertips. Modern law firms would find it very difficult to function without them in terms of time consumption and general efficiency of use.

Does that help?
    this

my neighbor is a doctor who owns a clinic near our house. Well his clinic is very...traditional He still has those file cabinets where the nurse has to actually find your name by its first alphabet. So imagine what a Legal Case System can do. It can save lots of time, space and resources. If the firm is burned down by fire, you can restore whatever case that you have saved (if you did a backup of course)

ReputationRep:
    thanx guys ... the thing is that i want to do that as my IT project, was think if i cud identify a law firm and develop a Legal Case Managment system for them... wht do u guys think of that...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.