Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When should my entitlement come through, roughly? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I deferred from my 1st year at uni last year to this, so obviously have applied previously. When I went to reapply, perhaps 6 weeks - 2months ago, it was simple as they said they had most of my details and income-based bits etc.

But I'm panicking about money still, as a I have an idiotic £40p/m phone bill to finance, as well as the monthly payments on my credit card among other things such as rent, food, etc. So I'm pretty desperate to get my entitlement through to draw up some kind of budget.

I'm aware they're a bit behind and stuff, but can I expect it any time soon? A friend of mine, applying for his 2nd year, got his entitlement about 2 weeks, about 2-3 weeks after applying.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Joist, that's hell of a worrying monthly phone bill! I applied around February and it took more-or-less 6 weeks for them to let me know my entitlement.

I'm not sure if it will take them a little longer at present, with the back log? Also, don't be alarmed when it does come though, if it does not mention your maintainance, i think in some cases they are processing this a little later?

Are you a single mature student, without dependants?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm mature, I'm 19?!

I know, was a stupid impulse thing with the phone contract.

Perhaps I'll give them a ring later and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    I'm aware they're a bit behind and stuff, but can I expect it any time soon? A friend of mine, applying for his 2nd year, got his entitlement about 2 weeks, about 2-3 weeks after applying.
    You friend will have got his already because most existing students are on the old more efficient system of having LEAs process the application. All new students have theres assessed by the central student finance england which have a backlog at the moment and is taking a while to get through the applications.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.