Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a degree as of September, how can I do better academically? I want to improve my peformance in general work and examinations. I'm doing Mathematics btw.
    Need advice really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    What degree will you be studying?
    maths

ReputationRep:
    Err. Study... a lot?

Practice, practice, practice.

Not much else.

ReputationRep:
    Attend all lectures and read around your subject, and do things which are more advanced than what as taught. Then lots of practice and studying.

ReputationRep:
    Dedicate more time to it.

(Original post by Gr8)
    I'm doing a degree as of September, how can I do better academically? I want to improve my peformance in general work and examinations. I'm doing Mathematics btw.
    Need advice really.
    Where are you studying Mathematics? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Studying through summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gr8)
    Need advice really.
    Its a bit difficult to give advice if you don't specify the particular problems you think you're having. If your question really is that broad, then "dedicate more time to it" is probably the correct answer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.