Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    AppName: wa.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.0 ModName: wa.exe
    ModVer: 3.0.0.0 Offset: 00069c09

This is the "error signiture." I'm trying to run Worms Armageddon on this laptop, but I keep getting this error. Does anyone know what this means / how I can sort this out? I can get the "technical information" on this error too, if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a proper version of the game (i.e a legal version of the game) and have you managed to play it on another PC/Laptop?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is legal. No, I have not tried on another PC / Laptop.

EDIT: wa.exe is the actual appliction, I was thinking something with the sound or something "wav" or something. oops. I'm downloading the lastest Flash player and Directx, and I'll see if that works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Alt)
    Yes, it is legal. No, I have not tried on another PC / Laptop.

EDIT: wa.exe is the actual appliction, I was thinking something with the sound or something "wav" or something. oops. I'm downloading the lastest Flash player and Directx, and I'll see if that works.
    I've had a little look around and it appears it might be your video card that needs updating....

ReputationRep:
    As in download an update, or as in buy a new one?

ReputationRep:
    As in download an update, or as in buy a new one?
    As in go to the makers website and update the video card...don't download the update from anywhere else tho

ReputationRep:
    what chip have you got at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    OK cool, thanks a lot! That said, I don't know the makers of the video card, and I can't seem to find it under system information (blind), where about should it be? (Sorry to keep bothering you)

EDIT: Found it dw, sorry

ReputationRep:
    OK cool, thanks a lot! That said, I don't know the makers of the video card, and I can't seem to find it under system information (blind), where about should it be? (Sorry to keep bothering you)
    What laptop do you have because it might be an integrated chipset...
    Try any of these to see if you can find out what the graphics card is:

The easiest way to find out on Windows (if drivers are installed)

1. Go to your Desktop;
    2. Right click on your background and click Properties;
    3. Click on Settings and look under "Display" -- it should state your graphic card model.

Or

1. Go to Start;
    2. Right click on my computer and select Properties;
    3. Select the "Hardware" tab, and press Device Processing;
    4. Go down to Screen card (Click the +).

Find out ALL your system settings

Download a program called "Everest Freeware Edition." Just Google it and run a report, which you can then save or e-mail.

If you already have the proper graphics card drivers installed

Go to Start, then Run and type "dxdiag". That will show you information about your computer as well as your video card type. You can also get this information from the device manager.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is an integrated chipset. A quick google reveals this:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.
    which doesn't sound nice. I'm going to the Dell website to see if I can install the latest drivers from there.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    What Windows version are you using? Have you tried applying the offical (and possibly unofficial) game patches? Tried running it in compatibility mode?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the Dell website to see if I can install the latest drivers from there.
    Don't worry, it's pretty easy to find the updates on the dell website...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, so I got both the integrated chip driver and the video driver. WA still doesn't work, but worms 2 and Lemmings work, so I can't complain for now =P Still a little confused, though!

ReputationRep:
    you need to find the patch to get WA to work on vista (possibly xp, I dont know about that)

google worms Armageddon and vista, and see if you get anythnig useful
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=patc

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.