Turn on thread page Beta

girls: how often do you clean "down there" and what with? watch

Announcements

anon or delete please

i do it twice a day, usually with "femfresh" in the shower (i still do it when i dont shower - for instance, some mornings)

but one of my friends cleans down there every time she visits the toilet, with cleansing gel or something, or a wipe if out and about.

so what is the norm, or general consensus?

ReputationRep:
    In the shower. When ever I get one, so at least once a day, with water.

I wouldn't recommend copying your friend, definitely not the norm. Besides, over cleaning can cause irritation.

ReputationRep:
    Once, on embarrassing bodies, there was a women who said that she smelt bad down there, and it turned out the reason was because she cleaned too much and didn't give a chance for good bacteria to grow or something.

Once or twice a day with femfresh

ReputationRep:
    Vaginas clean themselves. Don't put too much stuff down there: you'll just upset the pH balance and give yourself infections.

If you want, you can clean the outer area (vulva) with a bit of water. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    I just clean the general area with soap, exactly like I do with the rest of my body when I have my daily shower.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, soap when I shower (so once, maybe twice a day).

ReputationRep:
    Once (sometimes twice) a day using femfresh. Oo, I've been using Boots's own version recently and they're just as good if not better. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    How strange to use designated products like that. I might propose that they're completely unneccessary at best, and as others have mentioned, perhaps counter-productive. I believe that the availability and range of cosmetics and personal-hygeine products has grown WAY out of control, and we're sold "something for everything" these days. It seems ridiculous to me.

ReputationRep:
    Girls actually use femfresh and all those silly products?! Don't! It's a con! They just want your money!

What's wrong with warm water while you're in the shower?

Vaginas are magical self-cleaning things anyway. You aren't supposed to be using products on them, they do upset your pH balance, and you can end up with vaginal infections or thrush.

ReputationRep:
    I have such a problem with 'feminine hygiene' products.

Girls, listen to me: WASTE OF MONEY. You do *not* need to use them. The vagina is self cleaning, and plain water is fine to wash it with.

Never use soap - yikes.

Anyway, to answer the question - I wash with water daily.

yeah water when i have a shower with a sponge, which is once a day. i think its weird to use designated products and to do it everytime u go to the loo....unless that person has a medical problem or ocd.
    :/ weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah water when i have a shower with a sponge, which is once a day. i think its weird to use designated products and to do it everytime u go to the loo....unless that person has a medical problem or ocd.
    :/ weird
    It's easy to see why people do, though. Adverts aim to instill a fear in potential consumers, a concern that if they don't use their products they will in some way be embarassed, rejected, unpopular or otherwise "unhappy".
    And/or they promise some kind of fantastic "lifestyle" if you do use their stuff. Lynx adverts, for example.

If you don't use femfresh products you will smell, appear ugly, wear unflattering clothes, and live life in black & white. But when you use our entire range of feminine hygeine products you will smile and get to dance around a field of flowers all day, and float off among the clouds in blissful happiness, before sealing that important business deal with solid confidence and assertiveness.

ReputationRep:
    Jeezo.
    ive never really thought of it.
    like using special rpoducts and stuff.
    i just have an all over clean when im in the shower.

also theres some new advert on the tv about people that smell bad being due to a low amount of flora or something in that general area cant remeber what its called but its available in boots without prescription. x

ReputationRep:
    i just wash with water in the morning and evening. never have any problems.

ReputationRep:
    I use water :/

ReputationRep:
    I clean down there once a day with...

oh wait :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    i just wash with water in the morning and evening. never have any problems.
    Perhaps your partners were being too kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    Perhaps your partners were being too kind.
    my ex girlfriend only washed with water and she tasted and smelled really quite pleasant.
    soap doesn't really do much in that area as it's pretty much self cleaning, in fact even unscented soap can cause irritation in some women.

ReputationRep:
    Normally once or maybe twice a day with water, occasionally with Femfresh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.