Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do I flirt with a girl? Watch

Anon or delete plz.

Whenever the opportunity arises to flirt with a girl, I flunk it and she gets put off very quickly. I never know what to say and she thinks I'm weird. How do I flirt with a girl eg. what body language should I give off, what should I say, should I move in closer and start touching her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete plz.

what body language should I give off, what should I say, should I move in closer and start touching her?
    omg u sound like a pedo in toys r us!!! just be natural.. n expand on the things u hav in common with her..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.marions-kochbuch.de/index-bilder/whisky.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh, do NOT do any touching EVER when attempting to flirt with someone you just met.

If someone came up to me and started touching me, you can bet id run away and think you were weird too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    omg u sound like a pedo in toys r us!!! just be natural.. n expand on the things u hav in common with her..
    Intentional innuendo?

Confident, open body language and just being generally open is all you need

ReputationRep:
    just be genuine and if it will happen then it will happen. just talk to her. make up an excuse to talk to her one day and go from there. if you keep thinking 'what body language should i give off' thats when you start acting weird! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Put your hands up in the air and step away from the girl!

The first thing that pops into my mind when some guy walks up and starts touching me is oh god he wants to assault me, its bad news.

Just smile and make crap jokes to make her laugh but please for the love of god don't touch her! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be yourself, it's what nobody tells you but it's true.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete plz.

Whenever the opportunity arises to flirt with a girl, I flunk it and she gets put off very quickly. I never know what to say and she thinks I'm weird. How do I flirt with a girl eg. what body language should I give off, what should I say, should I move in closer and start touching her?
    Why. Are. You. Touching. Her?

You're not even going out!

All wrong...

Flirty jokes are good =)
    And smiling naturally =)

ReputationRep:
    if she's getting put off quickly, you're not touching her enough

ReputationRep:
    I'd say "be yourself", but considering your opening statement that's probably the worse thing you could do.

Which means logically you should act the opposite of the way you usually do and you'll be fine.

Groping is the best form of flirting, op.

(Original post by timetokill)
    Eurgh, do NOT do any touching EVER when attempting to flirt with someone you just met.

If someone came up to me and started touching me, you can bet id run away and think you were weird too.
    :poke:

:surprise:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :toofunny: Start touching her?

LOOOL, talk first and its the girls that usually do the touching when first meeting.

ReputationRep:
    Message Punk Phloyd.

ReputationRep:
    Humour is all you need.

Just be light hearted and jokey. Taking the mick out of yourself / her a bit seems to work for me, you have to do it in a certain way though.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete plz.

That is assault. Please, don't assault her.

Touching is creepy unless the girl you are flirting with is comfortable with you invading her personal space, and by the sounds of your post, she won't be.

You're putting far too much effort into this. Flirting comes naturally, if you have to come on here and ask whether or not you should start touching someone... well, come on.

Also, she thinks you are weird because you are weird, or at least, you're acting it. Act normal and go with the flow or you'll come off as a lecherous pervert.

ReputationRep:
    eye contact, smile :blah:

bend her over and say can i examine your marmite highway....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, avoid touching someone you don't know lol.
    But you need to 'flirt' as such, just enjoy some natural conversation, get to know her etc etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.