Turn on thread page Beta

how do I flirt with a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete plz.

Whenever the opportunity arises to flirt with a girl, I flunk it and she gets put off very quickly. I never know what to say and she thinks I'm weird. How do I flirt with a girl eg. what body language should I give off, what should I say, should I move in closer and start touching her?
    Introduce her to your friends as 'some chick'. Women love these special nicknames.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Put your hands up in the air and step away from the girl!

The first thing that pops into my mind when some guy walks up and starts touching me is oh god he wants to assault me, its bad news.

Just smile and make crap jokes to make her laugh but please for the love of god don't touch her! :p:
    wow you look hot in your profile pic!

sorry, I'm pretty bored..

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to these guys touching's good so long as you do it in a non-creepy way. If it's light-hearted and fun it makes her more comfortable around you and builds connection. For you however it seems that because you're so nervous about the whole situation it would just come across as creepy. So lighten up it's supposed to be fun

ReputationRep:
    Put your hands up in the air and step away from the girl!

The first thing that pops into my mind when some guy walks up and starts touching me is oh god he wants to assault me, its bad news.

Just smile and make crap jokes to make her laugh but please for the love of god don't touch her! :p:
    This :cute:.

Would it matter how terrible the jokes are?

ReputationRep:
    Touching girls is (apparantly) a very important part of flirting.

Smile. Start talking to the girl [small talk]. Make jokes, get her to laugh. Ask her about herself with open-ended questions, tell her a little about you. Touch her like.. if she asks you where the toilets are put your hand on her shoulder, turn her in the direction and point. Or you could ask her for a dance, grab her hand and lead her onto the dance floor. stuff like that.. just don't do it to a girl before you've started talking and got a good vibe from her.. that's what the people on here mean by it being weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    Touching girls is (apparantly) a very important part of flirting.
    Smile. Start talking to the girl [small talk]. Make jokes, get her to laugh. Ask her about herself with open-ended questions, tell her a little about you. Touch her like.. if she asks you where the toilets are put your hand on her shoulder, turn her in the direction and point. Or you could ask her for a dance, grab her hand and lead her onto the dance floor. stuff like that.. just don't do it to a girl before you've started talking and got a good vibe from her.. that's what the people on here mean by it being weird.
    It is but the timing must be right, too early and she will think your trying it on too fast and you look desperate or something and she will be creeped out and she will also feel like your invading her space, first you need to find some common ground with her and tease her with this, this can be anything tbh.

Be a jerk most times, and soulful the rest. Trust me, pantie-pealer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    This :cute:.

Would it matter how terrible the jokes are?
    Usually the worst ones are the best imo

(Original post by Gr8)
    wow you look hot in your profile pic!

sorry, I'm pretty bored..

ReputationRep:
    Usually the worst ones are the best imo
    hmm..knock-knock jokes? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Get a gun, they love that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    hmm..knock-knock jokes? :cute:
    :no:

Err I said I store all my intelligence in my boobs and this guy said he would love to store his intelligence in my boobs anyday, its so bad its really good :laugh:
    More whitty banter sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    :no:

Err I said I store all my intelligence in my boobs and this guy said he would love to store his intelligence in my boobs anyday, its so bad its really good :laugh:
    More whitty banter sort of thing
    hahahha yeah i wouldn't actually use knock-knock jokes. That would be frightening.

That is good banter. Applause to him!

ReputationRep:
    I never buy into this "touching is important" thing. Most guys I've seen trying to do the touching of elbows and so forth look like they're trying to tick all the boxes from a list they've seen in some How to Flirt Handbook. It rarely ever looks natural, most the time looks forced and weird! No wonder girls feel creeped out by it.

ReputationRep:
    Make her laugh, but don't use rubbish jokes. Touching is good but only if you feel that the two of you are getting along well and have got to know each other more. Obviously don't start touching her if she seems uninterested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    It is but the timing must be right, too early and she will think your trying it on too fast and you look desperate or something and she will be creeped out and she will also feel like your invading her space, first you need to find some common ground with her and tease her with this, this can be anything tbh.
    This guy is totally on the money. TOTALLY.

I endorse everything he says. Tease her first, a bit of complementing maybe, if it's your style. And generally flirty talk. And ffs, don't come off as a creep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    This guy is totally on the money. TOTALLY.

I endorse everything he says. Tease her first, a bit of complementing maybe, if it's your style. And generally flirty talk. And ffs, don't come off as a creep.
    Nice one bro.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.