The Flame
    0%
    The Asian Age
    0%
    El Pais
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail = for entertainment only.
    If I actually want to know what is happening in the world, I read The Times or The Guardian.

ReputationRep:
    The Indie and The Guardian probably equally much, the Times occasionally.

I actually read the Daily Mail the other day: sensationalist headlines, simplistic language, can't separate opinion from fact etc etc, just another tabloid.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph since that's the paper my parents buy. Despite the fact that my mum/dad vote labour/lib dems respectively xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Christ... they used to be called broadsheets before they went pocket size. :rolleyes:

What do you read, then? I rarely read newspapers myself - I get all my current affairs news from the internet, but if I'm bored and there's nothing to do in say, a waiting room, I'll go for either of them two.
    I get all my news from the Internet, having studied journalism for 3 years, I know that there isn't really a single decent NGO around and every news agency and outlet is biased in some way. I also don't really believe in paying the cover charge when you can get it for free online - Therefore, I get my news from these websites: BBC News, Telegraph, CNN, Al Jazeera, TimesOnline, Guardian, Daily Mail and FT. I also have access to a couple of NGOs though too... Although Al Jazeera is the best.

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Sport! Kidding ... Am I the only person that facepalms whenever I see a Sun, Sport or whatever ... The Mirror sometimes too, though I respect that more than The Sun.

In all seriousness, The Telegraph; it needs to be included.

ReputationRep:
    What about The Economist?

ReputationRep:
    The Times ftw :p: My dad buys The Sun though-possibly the most ridiculous 'news'paper in the world. Apart from the Daily Fail obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the option for the metro :O

ReputationRep:
    The Times.

The Gaurdian is just as bad as the Mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    The Daily Sport! Kidding ... Am I the only person that facepalms whenever I see a Sun, Sport or whatever ... The Mirror sometimes too, though I respect that more than The Sun.

In all seriousness, The Telegraph; it needs to be included.
    Not everyone wants to read something serious all the time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    The Times.

The Gaurdian is just as bad as the Mail.
    I'll give you the benefit of of the doubt that that was a deliberate mis-spelling of 'The Guardian' to acknowledge that paper's reputation for making spelling mistakes, in which case 'The Grauniad' is the usually accepted version that leaves no room for doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Lefty or Righty in a social sense or in an economic sense?

squish.
    I assumed both considering they are center-left if that's right?

Where the F is the "TSR Gen Chat" option? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I read the Daily Mail every day after work (Mon-Fri)
    I work in my local Pub, and it is what we have there!!
    (Nice little Olde-Worldy country pub.... but food is expensive!!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.