6.50%
    The Flame
    0%
    The Asian Age
    0%
    El Pais
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its a lefty paper and I seem to remember reading somewhere it has more inaccuracies in it last year than any other paper too...

ReputationRep:
    Its the only newspaper I generally buy if I havw to - its not bad

Like most newspapers it is full of too much opinion for me. I prefer shorter more to the point articles.

Well, as far as newspapers go it is generally factually accurate. Having said that, i often doubt the validity of its sources because they often seem so .. far fetched .

Their flaw lies in their writing style (in my opinion). They make what is factually true SEEM like left wing propaganda, even though it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    the BBC basher are usually the idiots, to be fair. They are not perfect but they are probably the best news source in the country.

ReputationRep:
    It's a hate-and-fear-mongering rag.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes it is a good news paper, not the best i admit, but certainly up there...

ReputationRep:
    It's a left wing newspaper. It's opinions are clear but I like to read it as it is a different viewpoint from my own. Unlike the Daily Mail, it is well written and doesn't use appalling anti-Labour rhetoric.

The Daily mail is regularly full of bulls***
    it's got so many stories that are twisted, spurred on and made up by daily mail reporters

if you just want the pure news and headlines then read the metro or use BBC news website

if you want stories that are purposely made and exxagerated then read the dail mail

my dad is an avid reader of the daily mail, and one day he came home and was like ''apparently transformers is not a very good film at all, thats what daily mail said'' and ''did you hear about the story on how a levels are being scrapped from 2013'' unconfirmed exxagerations on stories that are mostly untrue or worthless
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's fairly left but if you're making a decision between The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Sun and The Mirror; The Guardian FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    Well, it would be quite boring if all newspapers had the same front page stories. :p:

And remember, they're trying to sell papers. That's why the Daily Star puts Big Brother as the front page story.
    True, so the paper is aimed at less educated people? Because I'm slightly confused as I thought it's target audience is aimed at the middle class.

"As a target of satire the stereotypical Daily Mail reader is characterised as a borderline-racist, homophobic, aspiring middle-class conservative who lacks the intelligence to read the broadsheet equivalent the Daily Telegraph.

The Mail is also often the subject of jokes for its supposed obsession with the property market. This has led to Private Eye mock-headlines such as Influx of asylum seekers cause house values to plummet and Property prices fall as asteroid prepares to wipe out life on Earth."

(Original post by Clubber Lang)
    the BBC basher are usually the idiots, to be fair. They are not perfect but they are probably the best news source in the country.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I hate when this happens. Somebody makes a thread, asking something, and somebody will make another thread on a similar topic with a similar title.

Someone'll end up making the "Is the Sun a good newspaper" :no:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Too much opinion!

But its 5 million times better than tabloid filth!

ReputationRep:
    It's a disgusting pile of trash.

ReputationRep:
    Which newspaper do you read most regularly?

Is this on a daily basis? Or slightly less regularly?

I read the Financial Times usually on a daily basis though mainly focus on the Front Page, Lex Column and the Markets' section.

I get most of the politics, science and education news from the BBC website and usually some more education focussed news from the Guardian.

I also think that the FT is the most balanced and well written newspaper - would you agree with me?

Poll to be attached very soon. Apologies if I've missed some newspapers out.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nouvelle vague)
    True, so the paper is aimed at less educated people? Because I'm slightly confused as I thought it's target audience is aimed at the middle class.

"As a target of satire the stereotypical Daily Mail reader is characterised as a borderline-racist, homophobic, aspiring middle-class conservative who lacks the intelligence to read the broadsheet equivalent the Daily Telegraph.

The Mail is also often the subject of jokes for its supposed obsession with the property market. This has led to Private Eye mock-headlines such as Influx of asylum seekers cause house values to plummet and Property prices fall as asteroid prepares to wipe out life on Earth."
    Well, I wouldn't say less-intelligent. But by having that story about spying cameras or whatever you originally said, that's going to appeal to people who are quite anti-Labour, and feel that the government is reducing civil liberties, typically the conservative middle-class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    It's a disgusting pile of trash.
    Funny, I'd say the same about you, evaluating the recent trash you've been spreading around the forum.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Funny, I'd say the same about you, evaluating the recent trash you've been spreading around the forum.
    Harsh much?

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you're a lefty or righty really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cognito_08)
    It's fairly left but if you're making a decision between The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Sun and The Mirror; The Guardian FTW.
    Why would you compare the Guardian to tabloids?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.