0%
    The Asian Age
    0%
    El Pais
    0%

ReputationRep:
    i don't - they're all a waste of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    So you're the fountain of all knowledge and everyone who disagrees with you is "trash"? I see the crackpot brigade have infiltrated TSR again. "Viva la revolucion, workaz ov da world uniet; proeLetairIat rearm 4 da biig push agaeinZst Satanic conservatism" :rolleyes:
    Never claimed to be, but I never get on well with those who advocate fascism and defend figures such as your beloved Nick Griffin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Never claimed to be, but I never get on well with those who advocate fascism and defend figures such as your beloved Nick Griffin.
    I don't advocate fascism. LOL That kind of destoys your whole point. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't advocate fascism. LOL That kind of destoys your whole point. :awesome:
    Yes, yes you do. Anybody who can see past your cover ups (i.e. "I believe this... But I'm definitely not a fascist!!" ), can see that you don't belong in the Conservative party; they're not nearly enough authoritarian or right-wing as you appear to be.

My advice would be to set up your own party on here, I certainly wouldn't want you as a stain on my party if I belonged to the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    The Daily Mail is a foul, abhorrent, hate-filled, sexist, bigoted, sensationalist, conservative and ignorant newspaper which appeals to the uneducated narrow-minded lower middle classes.

lol, false.

ReputationRep:
    The Torygraph.

(Original post by Renal)
    How do you know?
    I don't to be honest. I'm just trusting the opinion of a few people whose .. opinion i trust :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Not really. If you'd seen some of the crap he says you'd agree. I know the word gets bandied around an awful lot, but he's a thinly veiled fascist.
    Link me, i wanna see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Link me, i wanna see!
    Search his posts.

Hint: any thread that appears to be derogatory to the BNP, anything about immigration, capital punishment. That's kinda the general theme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Yes, yes you do. Anybody who can see past your cover ups (i.e. "I believe this... But I'm definitely not a fascist!!" ), can see that you don't belong in the Conservative party; they're not nearly enough authoritarian or right-wing as you appear to be.

My advice would be to set up your own party on here, I certainly wouldn't want you as a stain on my party if I belonged to the Tories.
    Er, no. The up-front facade of the Tories is not the Tory Party; only the centralist standpoint of the parliamentary party. I'm mainly a Tory for economic considerations anyway apart from anything else. I suggest you find out what fascism actually means before you throw this word around like a rubber ball. ROFLCOPTER :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    the telegraph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)

(Original post by 35mm_)

do you even know/understand the ideologies of fascism? because then you would understand that Nick Griffin and the BNP are not really fascists.

ReputationRep:
    I read the Daily Mail. It is admittedly crap but it's entertaining, though endless stories on immigrants become very boring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    do you even know/understand the ideologies of fascism? because then you would understand that Nick Griffin and the BNP are not really fascists.
    Did I say they were? It's not even that, it's everything else NB seems to stand for, too.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see a nice and balenced poll.

I read the Telegraph.

ReputationRep:
    Er, no. The up-front facade of the Tories is not the Tory Party; only the centralist standpoint of the parliamentary party. I'm mainly a Tory for economic considerations anyway apart from anything else. I suggest you find out what fascism actually means before you throw this word around like a rubber ball. ROFLCOPTER :teeth:
    Woah, a strawman. I do know what fascism means and I think it's a highly fitting description of you and your beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Woah, a strawman. I do know what fascism means and I think it's a highly fitting description of you and your beliefs.
    Define it then. I'm looking forward to seeing how it corresponds to my beliefs. :rolleyes:

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Telegraph has been omitted from your poll, and, frankly, I consider this a bloody disgrace.

(Original post by Square)
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascism

I'll quote the most important bits:

"# A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism."

"... a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism."

"Today, the term fascist is used loosely to refer to military dictatorships, as well as governments or individuals that profess racism and that act in an arbitrary, high-handed manner."

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/facism

"Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology (generally tied to a mass movement) that considers individual and other societal interests subordinate to the interests of the state. Fascists seek to forge a type of national unity, usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, or racial attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, and opposition to economic and political liberalism.[1][2][3][4][5][6] "

"Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victim-hood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion."[9]"

"...a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond reach of traditional solutions; 2. belief one’s group is the victim, justifying any action without legal or moral limits; 3. need for authority by a natural leader above the law, relying on the superiority of his instincts; 4. right of the chosen people to dominate others without legal or moral restraint; 5. fear of foreign `contamination."[10]"

The BNP fits the bill :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    lol, false.
    Er, no.
    The Daily Mail is renowned for its Tory bias.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.