The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mosquito of some kind maybe?
Reply 2
Was that in your house?! Scary... or maybe I think it's bigger than it actually is. What size is it?
Looks like a mosquito.
no no no! it wasn't a mosquito!!!
it's like 2cm long! maybe ever 2.5 cm.
mosquitos are smaller aren't they?
parasitic wasp, maybe an ichneumon

the long extension on the abdomen is its ovipositor which it uses to lay its eggs into its host
Reply 7
A big one :ahee:

It does look like a sort of mosquito but apart from that :dontknow:
Yeah true it isn't a mosquito, doesn't have the elongated proboscis on the head.
Don't worry it looks like it's dead in that pic, or did you get that off the internet ?
Liverpool F.C.™
Yeah true it isn't a mosquito, doesn't have the elongated proboscis on the head.
Don't worry it looks like it's dead in that pic, or did you get that off the internet ?

i hit it with a tissue box.
a firefly?
Reply 11
Oh my god that is awesome.
Is there some kind of bug website I can submit this in?
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
i hit it with a tissue box.

lol. you probably killed it then. just pick it up with a tissue and throw it out of your window, if your scared then get someone to do it for you.
Liverpool F.C.™
lol. you probably killed it then. just pick it up with a tissue and throw it out of your window, if your scared then get someone to do it for you.

It was moving its leg so I quickly took a picture of the little mother ****** and I wrapped it in a tissue and threw it in the toilet......while screaming the whole time.

:awesome:
Reply 15
Did it make a high pitched noise as it flew? If it did then it's a Gnat.

Though it could be a Mosquito, which can bite but it won't give you anything nasty.
Can't a mosquito give you malaria?
It didn't make a sound. It just flew. With its long pokey tail thing.
Joseph90
Did it make a high pitched noise as it flew? If it did then it's a Gnat.

Though it could be a Mosquito, which can bite but it won't give you anything nasty.

I already said what it is
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Can't a mosquito give you malaria?
It didn't make a sound. It just flew. With its long pokey tail thing.

Yeah it can, but I think it's only the female mosquito anopheles which carries the virus. I don't know what that thing in the pic is.
Reply 19
Some kind of solitary wasp?

Latest