Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    They have been known to lay eggs in the ear at night (usually midsummer) and no one knows about it until the ear ache starts as the larve eat their way through the ear drum. I think it affects about 1/100 people...
    :bawling:
    As if I wasn't already terrified of bugs coming in my room at night. Time to invest in a mosquito net, methinks :o:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes i would. People have died :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes i would. People have died :yes:
    :s: Are they common in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    :s: Are they common in the UK?
    As common as normal wasps i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    no no no! it wasn't a mosquito!!!
    it's like 2cm long! maybe ever 2.5 cm.
    haha laughed at this

ReputationRep:
    They have been known to lay eggs in the ear at night (usually midsummer) and no one knows about it until the ear ache starts as the larve eat their way through the ear drum. I think it affects about 1/100 people...
    1 in 100 people I find that hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    They.. they.. don't do that to humans do they? :puppyeyes:
    Dermatobia hominis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    parasitic wasp, maybe an ichneumon

the long extension on the abdomen is its ovipositor which it uses to lay its eggs into its host
    are you some kind of bug expert/discovery channel-fan?
    its astonishing how some people know wierd info about insects.

ReputationRep:

:shock:

What's that long tail thing?
    What bug is this?!

Arghh!!!! Its a DEAD mosquito!!! Or a dragonfly...

ReputationRep:
    Can't a mosquito give you malaria?
    It didn't make a sound. It just flew. With its long pokey tail thing.
    remind me to rep you for that comment it made me lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    are you some kind of bug expert/discovery channel-fan?
    its astonishing how some people know wierd info about insects.
    I'm interested in evolutionary entomology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    parasitic wasp, maybe an ichneumon

the long extension on the abdomen is its ovipositor which it uses to lay its eggs into its host

:eek3: wtf?!

ReputationRep:
    It was moving its leg so I quickly took a picture of the little mother ****** and I wrapped it in a tissue and threw it in the toilet......while screaming the whole time.

:awesome:
    HAHAHAHAH oohh i'm having a laughing fit of a lifetime right now hahahahahahahahahahaha
    You brave girl!

ReputationRep:
    1/100 people?! That's loads! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me you're lying :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    LOL this is gonna make everyone paranoid now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD!!! :woo: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Oh good god. Considering my ear has felt like something is in it that I can't get to the last couple of days, and I've seen the exact insect in my house that the OP has posted a picture of, I am terrified. Can it deafen you? What do I do?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris#1)
    Oh good god. Considering my ear has felt like something is in it that I can't get to the last couple of days, and I've seen the exact insect in my house that the OP has posted a picture of, I am terrified. Can it deafen you? What do I do?!
    HOSPITAL NOW!! :woo:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.