Turn on thread page Beta

Would you split up with your gf over this? STD? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for you, you're the victim in this and so is your new boyfriend, but if i was your new boyfriend i'd break up with you because health is more important than anything.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Check yourself out, and tell him, he will get checked out!

I wouldn't break up with you other this!

ReputationRep:
    Happened to a friend of mine a year or so ago. They are still together now.

Fact is, you are just as much a victim as your boyfriend, and you're not at fault for anything. If decideds to split up with you, he clearly isn't boyfriend material.

Tell you boyfriend BEFORE you go to get checked. Not telling him is the worst thing you can do - dont play with his health, he should be checked out even if you come out clean. And I believe full disclosure and honesty is necessary for a healthy relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no wait i was wrong. But the name of it is Clamelle. And they do treatment for it as well which you can buy over the counter!

www.clamelle.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    I feel sorry for you, you're the victim in this and so is your new boyfriend, but if i was your new boyfriend i'd break up with you because health is more important than anything.
    Nobody ever died of chlamydia :rolleyes: at least she's being honest and nipping it in the bud now.

(Original post by koko91)
    Oh no wait i was wrong. But the name of it is Clamelle. And they do treatment for it as well which you can buy over the counter!

www.clamelle.co.uk
    Hmm. Do you think I'd get the results back from that straight away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really suggest you go and get tested for EVERYTHING, there's worse things out there then chlamydia.

ReputationRep:
    urm if your engaging in a sexual relatonship with a new partner why the hell did the two of you not get tested?

and no i wouldnt break up with my partner over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It says on the website you send it off and probably get it within a week, or you can visit a pharmacy that is participaitng in the scheme and collect results there. It may be less embarassing and quicker to sort it that way as you don't have to wait for an appointment at the doctor?
    If you want to get a complete check done for everything though, i'd suggest seeing the doctor. That way you know there is no other problems i guess?

but for a quick result i'd probably suggest clamelle!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    urm if your engaging in a sexual relatonship with a new partner why the hell did the two of you not get tested?

and no i wouldnt break up with my partner over it
    Nice idea in principle but i doubt anyone really does that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Nice idea in principle but i doubt anyone really does that.
    Yes, ignorant couples/young don't do that because i certainly do if I'm looking for a long-term relationship, if it's a fling of course I'm not gonna be like dancing in the club and get asked if i want to go to her place and be like MAYBE tomorrow after we both get tested :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grantrough)
    why would he break up with you? You've done nothing wrong! It all depends how long you have been with this new guy for. If it is a new thing, I would go with the what ".x.jen.x." suggests. If you have been with him for a few months, I would be straight with him. Tell him what what happened and that you are going to get tested. Otherwise he will wonder why you are acting weird and not wanting to sleep with him
    This

You really should speak to him, it won't do anyone any favours if you keep it from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Yes, ignorant couples/young don't do that because i certainly do if I'm looking for a long-term relationship, if it's a fling of course I'm not gonna be like dancing in the club and get asked if i want to go to her place and be like MAYBE tomorrow after we both get tested :rolleyes:
    This makes **** all sense but i think i'l try and work out what you mean. I don't know anyone who gets tested beofre they embark on a relationship. Yes we all know we should but in the whirlwind that is the first month or so of a relationship there isn't usually the window foe "can we have sex now" "only if you put this down your pee hole" "ok!".

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how it's your fault? You didn't do anything wrong, you were cheated on whilst in a previous relationship. If he can't go without sex for few weeks it takes to get the results and get treated, then yes he would break up with you, but if, like a normal human being, he can, I don't see why he would if he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would split up with a girlfriend over this. If my girl is the type that sleeps around then she is not potential wife material therefore I'am just wasting my time -time is money. You would not catch anything and be at risk to STDs if you did not sleep around and wait until marriage for sexual relations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    Yes I would split up with a girlfriend over this. If my girl is the type that sleeps around then she is not potential wife material therefore I'am just wasting my time. Time is money.
    Yawn, troll

I know we should have got tested. Hmm. Thats why if I do have it *clings onto a piece of wood that I don't* he hopefully will understand. I mean he did take the risk by sleeping with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Yawn, troll
    A whore doesn't like to be told that she is what she is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    A whore doesn't like to be told that she is what she is?
    :rolleyes: i won't even give you the satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's hardly your fault your ex is a prick. I'm sure if you've got a decent boyfriend he'll be understanding...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.