Turn on thread page Beta

Would you split up with your gf over this? STD? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Er, why should he break up with you? It isn't your fault, you didn't know you had it, or got it, and he didn't either. Best thing to do is to tell him as well, both go to the GUM place and get tested.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pissed off as hell, although i'd try not to take it out on the girl. But if i saw her ex, i'd rip him limb from limb.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he wont mind, after all it was your ex's fault for cheating on you.

Make sure you both get tested!!

Well we have only had unprotected sex once. If someone has something whats the chances of them catching it from just one time? Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it wasn't your fault and you weren't the one who did the cheating. Thus,he has no reason to break up with you over it. If he does then he is a fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You can still catch Chlamydia when you use a condom.
    what????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well we have only had unprotected sex once. If someone has something whats the chances of them catching it from just one time? Does anyone know?
    Unlikely... I think. I know HIV is about 1 in 50, but that is a more difficult one to catch so I'm told. Well, basically I'm not sure, but I know that with some, if not most STDs it's not a 100% chance of transmission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Perhaps don't scare him with the word "chlamydia"
    Just tell him you recently found out your ex cheated on you (so he could have given you anything) and you think you should both get an all-the-STIs uber-check before having sex again.
    Don't just check for chlamydia, your ex doesn't sound like the honest/careful/trustworthy type so there's no reason to trust him with your sexual health now

It'll make your new boyfriend think you're serious and care about him and trust him. If he dumped you over this he'd be an illogical hypochondriac (seeing as he's already been exposed) or just an arse anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    what????
    Yep, thats what i was told at the clinic. Its more difficult though obviously...

ReputationRep:
    I work in a pharmacy:
    The Clamelle test kits are about £25. Worth it, but you can get it done free by the doctors. With the Clamelle test kits you have to send them off anyway, so takes 1-2 weeks. I'm assuming the doctors' waiting time will be a little/lot shorter than this.
    Butt with the Clamelle thing, if you do have Chlamydia, both you and your boyfriend can take the tablets (you have to buy them) without him being tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Yep, thats what i was told at the clinic. Its more difficult though obviously...
    weird that you still can :s must be rare though and extremely unlucky!

ReputationRep:
    This is why you get checked between each relationship.

ReputationRep:
    My gf started showing systems of sti but I haven’t but I didn’t see her for 3 months due to being ill and her behaviour changed from the shy girl I know, to the freak she’s become because I thought her things which she’s mastered and openly said she went distant, before the 3rd month I linke up with her and noticed she dolled up but fake nails were out growing like been on two weeks never mentioned once she’s gone and did her hair and nails, saying she did it for me but I had no knowledge but since that day never made effort since I’m back in picture, here behaviours changed and alarming doing things I’m picking up on secretive late reply’s to phone calls and texts saying phone wasn’t with her I mean hours go past but now when she’s around me no phone usage not even a reply to her sister which she swore blind she replied to and hid phone which she’s never done etc so guys help plus she’s nervous about going doctors plus I googled her systems and saying can’t be sti because I have no systems but your having them nothing at all making me think she’s itchy a lot, her V had swolen and noticed a lump top of her V too never seen her have one noticing a lot of things since that time gap has been playing away but swears blind she hasn’t on god but other things say other words my gut says different

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.