Turn on thread page Beta

would you be annoyed if your bf was like this? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    omg i dont want any of those things!

he messed me around before we started a relationship. i was sort of seeing him and he slept with someone else! he then spent a few months being **** buddies with her and asked me for a relationship down the line!

i dont want sex all the time - maybe a few times a week
    i did let him out - clearly! he saw them every single night so i hardly saw him at all. whats wrong with wanting to spend time with your boyfriend? i dont care if he liked going out alot, the reason why i ddint go out with his friends was because they get stoned all the time and im not into that. Also, the girl who he slept with is in his circle of friends and i felt awkward around her
    he had plenty of space!

yeah maybe i was a bit unreasonable, but ultimately due to him messing me around at the start.
    no offence intended, just saying consider his view! However, we don't really no enough about this so i don't think many people can help. sorry.

You're probably in the right, though...

ReputationRep:
    omg i dont want any of those things!

he messed me around before we started a relationship. i was sort of seeing him and he slept with someone else! he then spent a few months being **** buddies with her and asked me for a relationship down the line!

i dont want sex all the time - maybe a few times a week
    i did let him out - clearly! he saw them every single night so i hardly saw him at all. whats wrong with wanting to spend time with your boyfriend? i dont care if he liked going out alot, the reason why i ddint go out with his friends was because they get stoned all the time and im not into that. Also, the girl who he slept with is in his circle of friends and i felt awkward around her
    he had plenty of space!

yeah maybe i was a bit unreasonable, but ultimately due to him messing me around at the start.
    Sorry to be blunt, but why the hell did you ever go out with him if you knew he was an idiot before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I call ********.
    Every guy I have been in a relationship with (not including casual flings) has wanted to contact me regularly and has behaved in a caring loving way with me. I think a lot of the people posting on this thread are not ready to commit for whatever reason which is fine, but they shouldn't assume that their attitude is the only one, and how it should be in serious relationships.
    I don't assume my attitude is the only way. I at least contact/try to talk to my girlfriend every day and when we're at uni we do our best to see each other every day and spend most nights together. I'm aware that to some people that might be far too much contact. I don't expect that of my girlfriend, it's just the way our relationship has involved and we're both happy with it. There's no way I'd walk into a relationship from the beginning expecting that though. Some of the points the OP made are just ridiculous though - not putting x's on texts or sending good morning/good night texts?! Who, with a decent grasp on reality, gets annoyed about that??? Guys willing to put up with clingyness to such an extreme are few and far between!

ReputationRep:
    it was just that we had only been together a month and i thought couples are susposed to show they really lkike eachother and spend loads of time together at the beginning of a relationship
    Been with him less than a month and you were already having sex? You also managed to say just within 4 weeks just once a week? Meh.

Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight - Lol. So? An odd text saying goodnight is nice, but it's not needed.

when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space - That's his way of dealing with the situation. All people are different, yes?

only has sex about once a week - Sex is not important.

is out with friends every single night - You are annoyed at him for having a social life? :eyebrow: Okay then.

doesnt put kisses in texts - So? They're only 'x's, lol.

can go a whole day without talking to you - Talk to him?

(Original post by Howells)
    Sorry to be blunt, but why the hell did you ever go out with him if you knew he was an idiot before?
    fell for his excuses. he thought i didnt want a relationship, he didnt want a relationship yet, he didnt like the other girl, hes always liked me bla bla bla. I thought he would show alot more interest than he did in a relationship

(Original post by SuicideCommando)
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight - Lol. So? An odd text saying goodnight is nice, but it's not needed.

when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space - That's his way of dealing with the situation. All people are different, yes?

only has sex about once a week - Sex is not important.

is out with friends every single night - You are annoyed at him for having a social life? :eyebrow: Okay then.

doesnt put kisses in texts - So? They're only 'x's, lol.

can go a whole day without talking to you - Talk to him?
    ok, your points are fair, i wasnt annoyed at the individual things, more what as a whole they represented. It seemed like to me he didnt care. he dumped me even when i said i would stop.

In my defence, before we became a couple me and him were sort of getting together, then he slept with someone else and became **** buddies with her for a few months. Then asked me for a relationship. I found it hard to trust he really liked me because of that and maybe acted that out through getting annoyed at small things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    I don't assume my attitude is the only way. I at least contact/try to talk to my girlfriend every day and when we're at uni we do our best to see each other every day and spend most nights together. I'm aware that to some people that might be far too much contact. I don't expect that of my girlfriend, it's just the way our relationship has involved and we're both happy with it. There's no way I'd walk into a relationship from the beginning expecting that though. Some of the points the OP made are just ridiculous though - not putting x's on texts or sending good morning/good night texts?! Who, with a decent grasp on reality, gets annoyed about that??? Guys willing to put up with clingyness to such an extreme are few and far between!
    Its not the individual things though is it, getting annoyed about x's or something would be ridiculous on their own, but I think for the OP they just represent the general feeling she had in the relationship of being unwanted and unloved, and not close to her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Do people really do this?
    I always text my girlfriend goodnight, but not good morning (because neither of us are usually up in the morning!).

I really only do it because she is with me most nights, and I drop her off at her house, and she wants to know I've arrived home safely in the car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight-grow up
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space-thats his choice
    only has sex about once a week-ask him
    is out with friends every single night-why dont you go?
    doesnt put kisses in texts-grow up
    can go a whole day without talking to you-are you bothering him?

pretty much this

even though me and the missus text each other good morning and good night, its a really old habit that after five years we've simply never got out of

ok, your points are fair, i wasnt annoyed at the individual things, more what as a whole they represented. It seemed like to me he didnt care. he dumped me even when i said i would stop.

In my defence, before we became a couple me and him were sort of getting together, then he slept with someone else and became **** buddies with her for a few months. Then asked me for a relationship. I found it hard to trust he really liked me because of that and maybe acted that out through getting annoyed at small things
    You and him were blatantly different. You don't match, whatsoever so just get over it. You need someone who reassures you that they like you a lot, someone who's a bit soppy. You need to realise that clearly not everyone is going to be like that.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from when you say about all the **** buddy stuff, but at the end of the day, you're meant to 'know' him if you're in a relationship with him, so you should have naturally known certain things to n extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    There you go.
    lmao. nice

BUT OP. He sounds like a **** tbh.

(Original post by SuicideCommando)
    You and him were blatantly different. You don't match, whatsoever so just get over it. You need someone who reassures you that they like you a lot, someone who's a bit soppy. You need to realise that clearly not everyone is going to be like that.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from when you say about all the **** buddy stuff, but at the end of the day, you're meant to 'know' him if you're in a relationship with him, so you should have naturally known certain things to n extent.
    We are very different, yeah. He said himself we were just incompatible. Tbh though, i think we could have worked out just fine if i just calmed down alot. my last bf always gave me affection, called me and texted me all the time, wanted me around all the time, i guess i just thought because this enw bf wasnt like that, that he didnt like me which now i realise was not the case. I would rather be with him and accept hes not all soppy then to be with someone else, its not that important.

that girl did get in the way and was a big reason why i was angry alot. She would comment on his fb alot and was in his friend group so it seemed like he was with her and talking to her alot more than me. but meh we are broken up now, if we are susposed to be together we will be, but probably unlikely.

Do you think i had reason to think he didnt care and get paranoid when i was with him? i know i need to get over him but my mind cant rest because im wondering whether i messed it all up by acting stupid and i was in the wrong

We are very different, yeah. He said himself we were just incompatible. Tbh though, i think we could have worked out just fine if i just calmed down alot. my last bf always gave me affection, called me and texted me all the time, wanted me around all the time, i guess i just thought because this enw bf wasnt like that, that he didnt like me which now i realise was not the case. I would rather be with him and accept hes not all soppy then to be with someone else, its not that important.

that girl did get in the way and was a big reason why i was angry alot. She would comment on his fb alot and was in his friend group so it seemed like he was with her and talking to her alot more than me. but meh we are broken up now, if we are susposed to be together we will be, but probably unlikely.

Do you think i had reason to think he didnt care and get paranoid when i was with him? i know i need to get over him but my mind cant rest because im wondering whether i messed it all up by acting stupid and i was in the wrong
    See, he realised it wasn't good enough for either of you, and it still doesn't look like you've actually come to terms with that. You need to.

To answer your questions: I don't think you had a reason, to be honest. You're just blatantly insecure. You weren't acting 'stupid' as such, just different to how he did, and that's where the problem was.

Look to the future and find someone who is more compatible to you. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space

only has sex about once a week
    is out with friends every single night
    doesnt put kisses in texts
    can go a whole day without talking to you

my ex was like that, and tbh, it made me crazy and i would always end up getting annoyed with him because it didnt seem like he cared about me or liked me much. we spent all saturday together most of the time and saw him for only about 15 mins a day.
    I ended up wanting to question him about how he felt about me. We broke up after a month because he couldnt deal with me being paranaoid and overanalysing things.

I cant tell whether i expected too much from him and was just acting crazy and stupid or whether his actions really did show he didnt like me much.
    ...Hes a guy!? If you want everything in bold, i would suggest you turn gay.

ReputationRep:
    Ok the guy's a giant knob in your opinion. But i'm pretty much like that.

Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight - Ok I text good night to my gf and sometimes good morning but it doesn't bother me when I don't recieve a good morning/good night from her. So let it be, stop being such an attention seeker. Isn't texting throughout the day good enough?

when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space - Exactly what I do. No point getting really angry and putting it in the open for you to have the argument. Stupid. It's that he cares about you and probably finds it easy to deal with his own problems on his own; afterall it's not like everyone has someone there for them the whole time. He'll tell you what his problem is when he's ready to tell you.

only has sex about once a week - It's probably going to be better sex than sex every day. Make an effort to try to get him to have sex more through kinky underwear, comfortable situation etc... Or just crack out the Dildo when your horney and he's not. I'm sure that will make him try harder.

is out with friends every single night - I have a close relationship to my friends afterall I met them before my gf. He's probably the same. + Some guys become absolutely whipped when they get gfs, maybe he's afraid of that and still wants to retain his friendship with his mates. Going out every night is fun, at least he's living his life rather than doing pointless boring things. If you went out some nights he'd make more time for you elsewhere, maybe try sunday night as a Movie Night and sleepover? I know it sounds immature but it makes sure you can balance time; personal, friends, girlfriend.

doesnt put kisses in texts - This is actually stupid, it's not that much effort to put xxxxxxx or love you at the end. He really should do this, you should do it until he becomes accustomed to it and he will probably do it back. If he doesn't then he really is not caring enough, it's not hard to text a girl a couple of x's but it really shows you make a conscience effort to show how much you like and miss them.

can go a whole day without talking to you - your clingy, don't try and avoid it. He's probably annoyed at this. Also he needs space you need space! Oooo one day, big deal couples have to go sometimes a few weeks without contact. It's hard but one day, get over it, theres always tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Not putting kisses in texts? LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    ...Hes a guy!? If you want everything in bold, i would suggest you turn gay.
    That isn't true. There are actually a lot emotionally available, mature, caring guys out there.
    Posts like this annoy me in two ways, first of all it is putting down men by suggesting they are unable to have a proper close loving relationship, and secondly it is telling girls that they deserve and should expect poor treatment from their partners. Both a load of rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space
    only has sex about once a week
    is out with friends every single night
    doesnt put kisses in texts
    can go a whole day without talking to you

my ex was like that, and tbh, it made me crazy and i would always end up getting annoyed with him because it didnt seem like he cared about me or liked me much. we spent all saturday together most of the time and saw him for only about 15 mins a day.
    I ended up wanting to question him about how he felt about me. We broke up after a month because he couldnt deal with me being paranaoid and overanalysing things.

I cant tell whether i expected too much from him and was just acting crazy and stupid or whether his actions really did show he didnt like me much.
    In my opinion you're fine. You didn't expect too much. I agree with your point of view 100% x

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if my girlfriend was moaning to me about not saying good morning or good night i would be annoyed. I wouldn't like to be woken up to see a text like that just a waste. May as well have asked for a lullaby too before you sleep :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.