Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you be annoyed if your bf was like this? Watch

theyre all like that i think, its just the norm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    That isn't true. There are actually a lot emotionally available, mature, caring guys out there.
    Posts like this annoy me in two ways, first of all it is putting down men by suggesting they are unable to have a proper close loving relationship, and secondly it is telling girls that they deserve and should expect poor treatment from their partners. Both a load of rubbish.
    Good for you! Most men are neither emotional nor mature, it's their nature, and i never suggested that they couldn't have a "proper close loving" relationship, or that girls deserve and should expect poor treatment from their partners. I agree that both are a load of rubbish seeing as you said them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight not bothered tbh...it's not neccessary to do that
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space that is irritating
    only has sex about once a week ask him...wouldn't bother me tho
    is out with friends every single night like sum1 said go out with him, or go out with your friends
    doesnt put kisses in texts don't care
    can go a whole day without talking to you don't mind...don't have to talk everyday
    I think you were expecting a bit too much tbh.

ReputationRep:
    OP I can kind of see where you're coming from, but the most obvious question for me is if you're not happy with the way this guy treats you then why don't you just dump him and find someone else who treats you in a manner that you're happy with? There's plenty of people out there you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Good for you! Most men are neither emotional nor mature, it's their nature, and i never suggested that they couldn't have a "proper close loving" relationship, or that girls deserve and should expect poor treatment from their partners. I agree that both are a load of rubbish seeing as you said them...
    That is the implication behind "hes a guy what do you expect?" or whatever it is you said. The bit of your post in bold is complete rubbish.

(Original post by SuicideCommando)
    See, he realised it wasn't good enough for either of you, and it still doesn't look like you've actually come to terms with that. You need to.

To answer your questions: I don't think you had a reason, to be honest. You're just blatantly insecure. You weren't acting 'stupid' as such, just different to how he did, and that's where the problem was.

Look to the future and find someone who is more compatible to you. :top:
    No im not over it, it takes time. It would have been good enough if i was only calmer, which i could have been, and less jealous. But tbh, he should have realised what he did with that other girl was gonna make me a bit insecure because that was the ultimate reason why i was paranoid and picked up on small things.

ReputationRep:
    good morning texts ? xxxx's in your texts ? wanting space after a fight?

maybe not so unusual, i never ever do the xoxox thingie in my texts, thats just plain weird, but i do the morning texts, its nice,

:borat:

sex once a week?

now thats just mean, once a week is like malnutrition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Do people really do this?
    I text to say goodnight hahaha, but i see him in the morning so no point in texting him goodmorning

ReputationRep:
    That is the implication behind "hes a guy what do you expect?" or whatever it is you said. The bit of your post in bold is complete rubbish.
    If you're going to argue, please have some facts behind your reasoning. And all that i said was ...He's a guy?! I implied nothing of the sort, and looking at the guys' posts above suggests otherwise.

(Original post by sophisticated)
    OP I can kind of see where you're coming from, but the most obvious question for me is if you're not happy with the way this guy treats you then why don't you just dump him and find someone else who treats you in a manner that you're happy with? There's plenty of people out there you know.
    because i wanted things to work out. I really liked him. I was happy with him i was just paranoid he wasnt into me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    If you're going to argue, please have some facts behind your reasoning. And all that i said was ...He's a guy?! I implied nothing of the sort, and looking at the guys' posts above suggests otherwise.
    What exactly DID you mean by "hes a guy" then?
    My reasoning is based on the many emotionally intelligent and mature guys I know myself, including many of my mates, my incredible boyfriend, people I have been in relationships with in the past, and some of my friends boyfriends.

ReputationRep:
    He's far better than some of the blokes I've dated...

No im not over it, it takes time. It would have been good enough if i was only calmer, which i could have been, and less jealous. But tbh, he should have realised what he did with that other girl was gonna make me a bit insecure because that was the ultimate reason why i was paranoid and picked up on small things.
    To be honest, you don't even know if he cheated on you.

If he went from a **** buddy to a relationship so quick, God knows what he might have been doing.

However, it doesn't even matter now. You not being able to get over it is showing how you are even more clingy than you first thought!

Here's your kiss:

x

See? Meaningless.

(Original post by SuicideCommando)
    To be honest, you don't even know if he cheated on you.

If he went from a **** buddy to a relationship so quick, God knows what he might have been doing.

However, it doesn't even matter now. You not being able to get over it is showing how you are even more clingy than you first thought!
    Erm... no it doesnt. I havnt spoken to him or anything in ages. Doesn't mean im clingy because it takes me a while to get over someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Here's your kiss:

x

See? Meaningless.
    Way to totally miss the point.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight
    No, that's a waste of money and seems really clingy and needy.
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space
    I would probably take the hint anyway, but yeah, granted this is quite wrong, but then, he might not want to hurt your feelings back, which its quite sweet .
    only has sex about once a week
    There is more to a relationship than sex :indiff:.
    is out with friends every single night
    No, I see no reason why he can't go out and enjoy himself whilst he's still young. Why should he be pinned to you 24/7
    doesnt put kisses in texts
    No, I can't see why not doing that would annoy anyone who wasn't clingy or one of those psychotic girlfriends.
    can go a whole day without talking to you
    He's not physically attached to you. He has his own life! It's just one day.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly DID you mean by "hes a guy" then?
    My reasoning is based on the many emotionally intelligent and mature guys I know myself, including many of my mates, my incredible boyfriend, people I have been in relationships with in the past, and some of my friends boyfriends.
    okay lets use your boyfriend for an example, if you don't mind that is...
    Does your boyfriend text you goodnight and good morning?
    Does your boyfriend tell you whats wrong with him, or just storm off?
    Does your boyfriend go out every night?
    Does your boyfriend put kisses in his texts?
    Is your boyfriend able to go through a whole day without talking to you?

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space
    only has sex about once a week
    can go a whole day without talking to you

my ex was like that, and tbh, it made me crazy and i would always end up getting annoyed with him because it didnt seem like he cared about me or liked me much. we spent all saturday together most of the time and saw him for only about 15 mins a day.
    I ended up wanting to question him about how he felt about me. We broke up after a month because he couldnt deal with me being paranaoid and overanalysing things.

I cant tell whether i expected too much from him and was just acting crazy and stupid or whether his actions really did show he didnt like me much.
    Just be grateful he didn't give you crabs...

ReputationRep:
    The above two are the only ones I would personally be like huh? about. Doesn't say goodmorning and goodnight- he might not be rich enough to top up his phone. Plus is that really necessary its a waste of a text and every single day?? When hes annoyed at you he doesn't say he needs space? Everyone deals with things differently he just stays quite- I'd just say let me know if you are angry at me instead of letting it stew. Bloody hell, he doesn't let you have sex with him more that once a week :eek: .....:rolleyes: Maybe it's not always convinient, some couples who love each other don't even manage once a week. I personally would be happy with once a week if we didn't live in the same house/flat. Again a whole day without speaking to me- again not convinient? But with that one if you think it's supposed to be long term and that happens, maybe things need to be reassesed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.