Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you be annoyed if your bf was like this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The ones concerning the texting were the worst. That x means nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be annoyed if someone wasn't honest enough to tell me what's bothering them because I'm a pretty open person. But if he needed space over it I'd leave him alone.
    And the kisses in texts might bother me after a while but I wouldn't be distraught over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    okay lets use your boyfriend for an example, if you don't mind that is...
    Does your boyfriend text you goodnight and good morning?
    sometimes
    Does your boyfriend tell you whats wrong with him, or just storm off?
    he talks to me about it if something is up, but we don't tend to argue tbh
    Does your boyfriend go out every night?
    no, and honestly I would be pissed off if he did that rather than making time for me. Going out sometimes is fine though obviously
    Does your boyfriend put kisses in his texts?
    Yes he does
    Is your boyfriend able to go through a whole day without talking to you?
    We never go a day without talking in some way, although whilst hes been on holiday some days its just been texts. I don't think that if he could it would mean we had a bad relationship though.

I think you are missing the point. Most of the individual points aren't that bad on their own, but put together you can understand why the OP didn't feel valued or wanted, which is something everyone should feel in their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Doesnt text you good morning or goodnight
    when hes annoyed at you, he doesnt say, he just wants space
    only has sex about once a week
    is out with friends every single night
    doesnt put kisses in texts
    can go a whole day without talking to you.
    1. this would irritate me, saying that, mine does text goodnight most nights but not every night...arghhh!
    2. Im a girl, i do this! If im in a bad mood, then seriously you dont want me around, im vile and have a nasty habit of taking out my moods on people, so i expect space when im annoyed with someone or something.
    3. Is sex really that important? Once a week is more than a lot of people get!
    4. Actually im normally the one thats out with friends every night, if hes lucky he gets to see me twice a week at most. Personally friends are much more important than whoever you're dating and if my boyf decided he'd rather see his mates than me, then i wouldn't mind, a social partner is a much more interesting partner than one who does nothing all the time!
    5. as mentioned by others: its just a bunch of x's!
    6. So? Sometimes people are B-U-S-Y!

(Original post by aimzdy)
    1. this would irritate me, saying that, mine does text goodnight most nights but not every night...arghhh!
    2. Im a girl, i do this! If im in a bad mood, then seriously you dont want me around, im vile and have a nasty habit of taking out my moods on people, so i expect space when im annoyed with someone or something.
    3. Is sex really that important? Once a week is more than a lot of people get!
    4. Actually im normally the one thats out with friends every night, if hes lucky he gets to see me twice a week at most. Personally friends are much more important than whoever you're dating and if my boyf decided he'd rather see his mates than me, then i wouldn't mind, a social partner is a much more interesting partner than one who does nothing all the time!
    5. as mentioned by others: its just a bunch of x's!
    6. So? Sometimes people are B-U-S-Y!
    Its not about the inidividual things! its about what they represent as a whole!

ReputationRep:
    id be so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    sometimes

he talks to me about it if something is up, but we don't tend to argue tbh

no, and honestly I would be pissed off if he did that rather than making time for me. Going out sometimes is fine though obviously

Yes he does

We never go a day without talking in some way, although whilst hes been on holiday some days its just been texts. I don't think that if he could it would mean we had a bad relationship though.

I think you are missing the point. Most of the individual points aren't that bad on their own, but put together you can understand why the OP didn't feel valued or wanted, which is something everyone should feel in their relationship.
    3/5 majority wins, and i rest my case

I think the OP is being childish and if she doesn't like it she should end it and not rant about it on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Its not about the inidividual things! its about what they represent as a whole!
    Ha, I don't think people are getting that :no:

ReputationRep:

I think the OP is being childish and if she doesn't like it she should end it and not rant about it on TSR.
    Going out sometimes with his mates and going out every night and never seeing you are two completely different things!

Do you think you would like a boyfriend like the one the OP describes? Even if you would be fine with some of the things, would all of them together = a good relationship to you?

ReputationRep:
    can go a whole day without talking to you

it didnt seem like he cared about me or liked me much. we spent all saturday together most of the time and saw him for only about 15 mins a day.

I cant tell whether i expected too much from him and was just acting crazy and stupid or whether his actions really did show he didnt like me much.
    i dont think u expected too much, ok some things were a bit.. :eek3: like texting good morning and good night all the time, the sex and not talking to you for a whole day... (though if it was several days i would be quite upset)

but he should have told you when he was annoyed so you could work things out, it would break my heart more if my bf ignored me cos he was annoyed rather than talking it through

and you should be annoyed he spends everyday with his friends.. obviously it was his life and he could do what ever he wants but he should have at least spent some days with you... that would have annoyed me so much!

people might think putting kisses on end of texts is stupid but i think it shows that hes thinking about you and that he cares. people put x's when sending txts to friends, so it shouldnt be different for your gf.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you would like a boyfriend like the one the OP describes?
    I can't tell you how i would feel unless put in that position, going out on a whim here, i'd have to say that i think she exaggerated everything, and that no i don't think that i would mind (other than the sex part :p:) and if i did, i wouldn't whine about it i would just straight out dump him...don't give me **** about his feelings because apparently, this guy doesn't have any.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need someone texting you to say goodnight? is this really important to many girls?:confused:

ReputationRep:

What's wrong with these?

He's a boy, not a girl.

Like abhead said, its not about the individual things, the individual things didnt annoy me, they were examples. All of them examples put together is what annoyed me, the lack of commitment making me feel unwanted. I just wanted to know whether it seemed like paranoia or that he didnt care.

And btw, when me and him were sort of seeing eachother, he slept with someone else and then they were **** buddies for a while. Then he came to me for a relationship down the line. That was probably the ultimate reason for me thinking the way i did.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you how i would feel unless put in that position, going out on a whim here, i'd have to say that i think she exaggerated everything, and that no i don't think that i would mind (other than the sex part :p:) and if i did, i wouldn't whine about it i would just straight out dump him...don't give me **** about his feelings because apparently, this guy doesn't have any.
    So really you think where the OP has gone wrong is getting attached to a guy who doesn't seem to feel the same way? I sort of agree with you on that, although its not really a concious decision, she can't help having feelings for him. A boyfriend like that would not make anyone feel loved or secure in their relationship I don't think.

I don't know if she has exaggerated anything or not, how could I when I don't know her or her ex, but I've answered the question she asked based on the information she provided.

ReputationRep:
    Like abhead said, its not about the individual things, the individual things didnt annoy me, they were examples. All of them examples put together is what annoyed me, the lack of commitment making me feel unwanted. I just wanted to know whether it seemed like paranoia or that he didnt care.

And btw, when me and him were sort of seeing eachother, he slept with someone else and then they were **** buddies for a while. Then he came to me for a relationship down the line. That was probably the ultimate reason for me thinking the way i did.
    Then DUMP HIM!!! What are you waiting for? You got the answer that the guy is a classic ********, it's all up to you now hun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Do people really do this?
    Yes.
    My boyfriend always texts me good morning and goodnight.
    I quite often dont text goodnight because I fall asleep before he does :p: but I always say hey in the morning!

And OP I dont see my boyfirend everyday. If you see him 15 mins a day I'd say thats lucky! I went 4 weeks without seeing him when exams were on and now I see him about once a week because he lives half an hour away plus I work so its difficult.

ReputationRep:
    So really you think where the OP has gone wrong is getting attached to a guy who doesn't seem to feel the same way? I sort of agree with you on that, although its not really a concious decision, she can't help having feelings for him. A boyfriend like that would not make anyone feel loved or secure in their relationship I don't think.

I don't know if she has exaggerated anything or not, how could I when I don't know her or her ex, but I've answered the question she asked based on the information she provided.
    I think were reaching some sort of level playing field here...I believe that if you're not happy in a relationship, then you should go find yourself another. Neither do i, and that's why i said i was going out on a whim...

Then DUMP HIM!!! What are you waiting for? You got the answer that the guy is a classic ********, it's all up to you now hun!
    Im not even with him anymore!
    all i wanted to know was whether i was just crazy to be paranoid and think that he didnt like me or care because he was giving me signs like i mentioned above that he wasnt that into me. So you now agree with me?

ReputationRep:
    can go a whole day without talking to you

my ex was like that, and tbh, it made me crazy and i would always end up getting annoyed with him because it didnt seem like he cared about me or liked me much. we spent all saturday together most of the time and saw him for only about 15 mins a day.
    I ended up wanting to question him about how he felt about me. We broke up after a month because he couldnt deal with me being paranaoid and overanalysing things.

I cant tell whether i expected too much from him and was just acting crazy and stupid or whether his actions really did show he didnt like me much.
    Flipping everything around for a female partner:

No
    No - in essence, asking for space is pretty much telling me they're annoyed.
    No
    No
    And no.

Problem in bold. Being paranoid is a bad thing and expecting people to cope with it is quite selfish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.