Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

These days, i see a lot of bi girls. I was wondering whether there are any bi guys too?

im a guy btw

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - Duncan from Blue.

ReputationRep:
    Yus, but about 9 times out of 10 it just leads to a realisation that you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we can. Yes, we do. Surprisingly, though, nobody likes it.

Everyone loves a bi girl. Everyone loves a lesbian. Everyone puts up with gay males. Nobody likes a bi guy. I was once given a lecture by an out gay friend about how "...in a few months time, you'll see the truth and you'll come out fully". (Admittedly, we were both drunk, and I think he was just trying to make his repeated moves on me work out in his favour...)

Buuuuut, don't force yourself to be bi if you're just doing it for the whole fad thing. I 'came out' as bi during my emo fad, so everyone reacted with an "Oh, suure" kind of thing. In spite of that, four years later, I'm still bisexual, though I prefer relationships with women; men just make drunk evenings, when pulling girls has failed, more interesting. Keep an open mind, and such.

Yeah, I know a lot of bi guys.

You said how there's lots of bi girls. How many of these are truely bi, though? I'm pretty sure that if guys didn't go around saying how bi girls are so 'hot', there would be so fewer female bisexuals.

ReputationRep:
    I think labels are really misleading. I'd rather be just me and go with the flow. I like it wen they say love the person and not their gender and stuff.
    P.S.. I'm not bi. lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Yes, we can. Yes, we do. Surprisingly, though, nobody likes it.

Everyone loves a bi girl. Everyone loves a lesbian. Everyone puts up with gay males. Nobody likes a bi guy. I was once given a lecture by an out gay friend about how "...in a few months time, you'll see the truth and you'll come out fully". (Admittedly, we were both drunk, and I think he was just trying to make his repeated moves on me work out in his favour...)

Buuuuut, don't force yourself to be bi if you're just doing it for the whole fad thing. I 'came out' as bi during my emo fad, so everyone reacted with an "Oh, suure" kind of thing. In spite of that, four years later, I'm still bisexual, though I prefer relationships with women; men just make drunk evenings, when pulling girls has failed, more interesting. Keep an open mind, and such.
    Generally agree, but for the 'everyone', read 'straight men'. Loads of straight women are a bit unsure of bi women and lesbians, and love gay and bi men. And bi women also get told they're doing it for the attention, or are really lesbians. But yeah, there are definitely bi men!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they can

You do get some biphobia, though. A lot of gay people are mistrustful of bisexuals, because they think they're just straight people in disguise :P

ReputationRep:
    PM Greatleysteg

ReputationRep:
    about a quarter of the girls I know are actually bi where as it's different for men, however I think mainly guys are too shy to 'come out.'

ReputationRep:
    Question: Girls would you ever go out with a bi guy?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure whether this is a real question or not!

:facepalm:

Sorry to be rude..but honestly..

Men can be bi. I'm one.

It's funny, bisexual women are either percieved as interesting or just doing it for attention, whereas bisexual men on the other hand are accused of being unfaithful or for hiding the fact that they're really homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    Men can be bi. I'm one.

It's funny, bisexual women are either percieved as interesting or just doing it for attention, whereas bisexual men on the other hand are accused of being unfaithful or for hiding the fact that they're really homosexual.
    We get that too. I have only been told that from guys though, but whether this is just showing how open some guys are in comparison to girls, I don't know :dontknow:.

One of my best friends is bi, so yes OP

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people make that choice it makes them happy and feel like they want to with their life, i think it is as much possible as it is with girls being bisexual, funny enough women seem to be more forward about talking about such things compared to men. This is the reason you seem to have the preconception that only women can be bisexual to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so... I like bi guys haha.
    I like slightly camp guys, I'm weird like that. Also you'd have something in common lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but often people dont understand it, In the gay community there is the presumption that you can only be bi if you shag anything in sight and from personal experience they dont like Bi's being in long term relationships If you are with someone of the same gender people say you cant be bi and you are gay, and if with the opposite gender you are straight not bi.

There are plenty of Bi-sexuals in both genders but the presumption is usually not that they are bi but they are straight or gay.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can I met one at summer school last week

ReputationRep:
    Whilst some "bi" guys are just experimenting or testing the waters to come out as homosexual, it's pretty much nonsense that guys can't really be bisexual.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.