Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    imperial and LSE has around the same number of students employed, at least in the same order.

how come this forum is so inactive as compared to LSE's? are people in imperial relatively more dull?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenbellston)
    imperial and LSE has around the same number of students employed, at least in the same order.

how come this forum is so inactive as compared to LSE's? are people in imperial relatively more dull?
    Well clearly more people from LSE use TSR...

ReputationRep:
    People from Imperial have more to do than hang around Forums :x

ReputationRep:
    Imperial students are too busy throughout the academic year. Demanding courses with high workload results in little free time.

ReputationRep:
    There are a number of people on TSR who have al ot of posts and also attend Imperial, but they don't really post in this forum. Particularly as it's full of people asking stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    I think you only feel that way because LSE people feel the need to create a thread about every little thing that they can think of, where as Imperial people are sticking mainly to the sticky at the top.

ReputationRep:
    LSE students, as social sciences students, feel the need to have their questions answered by more than one source, so a website telling them the average entrance conditions could be biased, or otherwise incorrect. They therefore need as many opinions as possible on a subject before being able to draw their own conclusion as to whether or not they have met the average entrance conditions, as percieved by the group.

Imperial students, as proper scientists, look at the entrance page and tick their grades off one at a time, if they have a sufficient number of ticks they draw the conclusion they will probably get in - with experimentation needed. If they have an insufficient number of ticks they conclude they will not get in - with investigation needed as to what went wrong.

Simple.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    The LSE forum more active largely because every other post is some 16 year old asking about the importance of GCSE's.

Oh and because Imperial's are Gimperial's. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Who cares?
    Your mother.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Your mother.
    Since when were 'your mum' jokes funny? I just find them lewd, and extremely puerile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by learner_dancer)
    Since when were 'your mum' jokes funny? I just find them lewd, and extremely puerile.
    I do like to think of myself as an underdeveloped pre-teen, scouring the online world for a quick laugh. My mother should pay more attention to what I'm doing on the internet. Those random guys she sees each night keep her pretty occupied though.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I do like to think of myself as an underdeveloped pre-teen, scouring the online world for a quick laugh. My mother should pay more attention to what I'm doing on the internet. Those random guys she sees each night keep her pretty occupied though.

Nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir.jamesgreen)
    LSE students, as social sciences students, feel the need to have their questions answered by more than one source, so a website telling them the average entrance conditions could be biased, or otherwise incorrect. They therefore need as many opinions as possible on a subject before being able to draw their own conclusion as to whether or not they have met the average entrance conditions, as percieved by the group.

Imperial students, as proper scientists, look at the entrance page and tick their grades off one at a time, if they have a sufficient number of ticks they draw the conclusion they will probably get in - with experimentation needed. If they have an insufficient number of ticks they conclude they will not get in - with investigation needed as to what went wrong.

Simple.
    If there is such a thing as a post worth 'repping' this has got to be it. Brilliant, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    The LSE forum more active largely because every other post is some 16 year old asking about the importance of GCSE's.

Oh and because Imperial's are Gimperial's. Fact.

I hereby declare it to be referred to as 'Pimperial'. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Wimperial may, in fact, be more accurate.

Anyway, it only takes about 10 posters to make an active subforum. Look at the Durham forum, a university quite a bit smaller than Imperial in size and stature but the TSR forum is a million times more active.

ReputationRep:

Argh I'm supposed to say that to you... well played though my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir.jamesgreen)

Simple.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps, students at Imperial have more things to do and generally get out more, hence do not have time for forums :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    perhaps students at Imperial...generally get out more,
    :rofl:

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.