Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    I wonder how many non Londoners understood this?
    I'm a londoner and don't know she's on about :o:

Perhaps you're both from the special parts of london :p:

(Original post by terpineol)
    Yup, I hit it about two years ago.
    And never recovered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    And never recovered?
    This is terp have you not seen what he posts?

(I am not whether the vid in my sig will make people feel better or worse about admissions :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    This is terp have you not seen what he posts?

(I am not whether the vid in my sig will make people feel better or worse about admissions :p:)
    Ahh yes. In his case it's terminal :wizard:

Probably just add to the general applicant paranoia :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes. In his case it's terminal :wizard:

Probably just add to the general applicant paranoia :p:

Indeed :sadnod:

There all arrogant *******! :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm a londoner and don't know she's on about :o:

Perhaps you're both from the special parts of london :p:
    What part of london are you from?!

Jamming and Relaxing put into one word = jamalaxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I want to write a response but can't quite get the words out - basically I'd say - unless it's amazingly overpoweringly deterring you from medicine - don't worry.
    Well pretty much I'm now thinking just do physiological sciences or natural sciences or something that would just be so much freaking easier to get into. No work experience, no UKCAT, no parents asking me how I will cope "When you don't get in anywhere" (direct quote). But I know if I do that I will spend the rest of my life regretting it and isn't success the best form of revenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Well pretty much I'm now thinking just do physiological sciences or natural sciences or something that would just be so much freaking easier to get into. No work experience, no UKCAT, no parents asking me how I will cope "When you don't get in anywhere" (direct quote). But I know if I do that I will spend the rest of my life regretting it and isn't success the best form of revenge.
    Well you're bringing up different issues here - forget the getting in part - do you actually want to do it? Forget easier etc.
    If you would rather do physiology or something - why the hell would you put yourself through trying to get into medicine?

Lots of issues here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well you're bringing up different issues here - forget the getting in part - do you actually want to do it? Forget easier etc.
    If you would rather do physiology or something - why the hell would you put yourself through trying to get into medicine?

Lots of issues here...
    Oh defintley, if I did a physiology degree I'd apply for graduate entry medicine, all I would be doing is putting off the gamble & stress of applying. The only reason I even think about not applying for medicine is the probability of 4 rejections and another year at home.

I'm just feeling generally miserable (always do when I have little structure to my day, no college = little structure, and have to make decisions, ie where to apply, what subject to drop, etc. hate making decisions :o: ) & I think when I've got started on everything I'll feel more motivated. Work experience in paediatrics coming up so fingers crossed that will be a motivator too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Oh defintley, if I did a physiology degree I'd apply for graduate entry medicine, all I would be doing is putting off the gamble & stress of applying. The only reason I even think about not applying for medicine is the probability of 4 rejections and another year at home.

I'm just feeling generally miserable (always do when I have little structure to my day, no college = little structure, and have to make decisions, ie where to apply, what subject to drop, etc. hate making decisions :o: ) & I think when I've got started on everything I'll feel more motivated. Work experience in paediatrics coming up so fingers crossed that will be a motivator too
    Oh in that case don't be silly - you're not going to apply because you might not get in? Deary me!

That's not even the same as asking someone out is it - where you might wreck a friendship - what's your excuse!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.