Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People, often subconciously, use it as a tool to 'show off', to be 'one of the crowd.' There's this vicious cycle where people obsessively take cameras with them wherever they might be, coming up with 100 different poses of drinking a can of beer, all the while adding 'friends' they've never even spoken too. It fuels so much negativity for us students, methinks. :yes:

What's your experience of facebook been like?

Interesting article: http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6688863.ece

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    So true.
    I've divorced facebook now.

ReputationRep:
    so true

ReputationRep:
    You take it far too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Anyone that obsessed with themselves on Facebook doesn't have enough time to do those things in the first place. It is a networking site after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie Fruit Freak)
    People, often subconciously, use it as a tool to 'show off', to be 'one of the crowd.' There's this vicious cycle where people obsessively take cameras with them wherever they might be, coming up with 100 different poses of drinking a can of beer, all the while adding 'friends' they've never even spoken too. It fuels so much negativity for us students, methinks. :yes:

What's your experience of facebook been like?

Interesting article: http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6688863.ece

:woo:
    I know what you mean. I have a facebook account, but don't use it much. I have friends who whenever I go out with them, they always want to take photos just for the sake of posting them up on facebook to prove they 'have a life'. It's kinda pathetic, and I hate photos too so that doesn't help...

ReputationRep:
    I can never be bothered to take photos of myself. I just use facebook because I'm bored a lot of the time, and also its a good way of organising things for a lot of people without having to send a billion texts.

ReputationRep:
    Meh there are worse things in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use facebook that much, I don't really see the point when I could just talk to people on msn or text/phone them.

ReputationRep:
    superficial people have always existed, facebook didn't suddenly make people that way.

ReputationRep:
    You're so right. I really couldn't agree with you more! However, I'm still addicted to it.

ReputationRep:
    damn. you take it far too seriously. get a grip!

ReputationRep:
    I actually love facebook. I never take photos, but me and my friends decided that we would take more just to keep them as memories. They go up on facebook, but just so we can save eachother's photos, and thats all I've seen anyone else do it for. I've never known anyone to take photos just to prove they have a life - only so that they can have them and keep them. I don't think there is anything wrong with adding random people either, because surely the whole point is to network - to make new friends with people who have common interests or friends.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook= conformism

And no i'm not a goth.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my drunken tagged photos. If anyone of this planet is envious of my photos then they must be clinically insane.

It's a very vain website and inspires morons who spend more time taking photos of themselves than making a conversation on night out.

I have loads of friends on Facebook. In real life, my amount of friends is probably less than 5% of my Facebook friends.

ReputationRep:
    calm down and just look for poon

ReputationRep:
    I type as I read that five of my friends are fans of "I hate stuck up *****es". Superb.

ReputationRep:
    The article is really long ..
    Can someone who already read it summarise it please?

Thank you in advance .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    damn. you take it far too seriously. get a grip!
    Just what I was thinking...

I don't care about face book. The most I am on it is once or twice a week, and even then it's only to briefly check on messages.

You shouldn't take it so seriously.

TSR, on the other hand, I am addicted to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.