Turn on thread page Beta

Network of envy: Facebook watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is just people showing off their lives and showing how happy they are with their photos, when seriously taking those photos are wasting your time on being happy with your mates :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is Illuminati project

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP completely, it's pretty funny what people do these days to compete or try and look better than others, it's like wait, what?

I just lol at the people who take about 50 pictures of themselves making various gestures with their hands on a night out. Makes me wonder if they had anything better to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I type as I read that five of my friends are fans of "I hate stuck up *****es". Superb.
    Haha, same for me. My personal favourites are when people are fans of 'laughing' or 'nights out with friends' or 'sleeping'. The inanity of it is staggering.

I made a concious decision to never join Facebook.

If you look at my TSR postcount it isn't difficult to see why :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I type as I read that five of my friends are fans of "I hate stuck up *****es". Superb.
    I joined that group yesterday, to find a pretty girl posting her picture, then asking why she'd got loads of friend requests (attention seeking)

I then said that I hate attention seekers as much as stuck up *****es, and she gave me all this crap and the guys just asslicked her, it was funny. She ended up deleting my comments including ones where peopel had said I owned them. Quite funny really, she called me a typical middle class know it all ******, and guys were like "oh you've got beauty and brains" and sucking up to her and stuff, it was almost funny.

The internet is a bad place to be when you're bored, I argued with a random stranger for half an hour :| But I won though, so it's all good. I said to her "you're deleting my comments, we both know who has won " and she deleted that too.

I can't believe I just typed this out, christ I'm bored again. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I made a concious decision to never join Facebook.

If you look at my TSR postcount it isn't difficult to see why :rolleyes:
    Your posts per day count is bigger than my penis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    Haha, same for me. My personal favourites are when people are fans of 'laughing' or 'nights out with friends' or 'sleeping'. The inanity of it is staggering.
    There's even 'Naked cuddles in bed'.

(Original post by vilage_idoit)
    I joined that group yesterday, to find a pretty girl posting her picture, then asking why she'd got loads of friend requests (attention seeking)

I then said that I hate attention seekers as much as stuck up *****es, and she gave me all this crap and the guys just asslicked her, it was funny. She ended up deleting my comments including ones where peopel had said I owned them. Quite funny really, she called me a typical middle class know it all ******, and guys were like "oh you've got beauty and brains" and sucking up to her and stuff, it was almost funny.

The internet is a bad place to be when you're bored, I argued with a random stranger for half an hour :| But I won though, so it's all good. I said to her "you're deleting my comments, we both know who has won " and she deleted that too.

I can't believe I just typed this out, christ I'm bored again. FML.
    Yeah too many people are on that site to make themselves look great. I hate it when girls moan about friend requests, stalking and people being 'pervy'. They enjoy it as its boosts their massive egos.

(Original post by lnjames)
    Your posts per day count is bigger than my penis.
    If you mean 60 mm, then you aren't the best endowed, to say the least.
    If you mean 60 cm, you will most likely kill the person you're with.

So i'm unsure which choice to go with here :unsure: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmCroissant)
    superficial people have always existed, facebook didn't suddenly make people that way.
    This. It does have its uses, but as with anything, it can and will be abused.

ReputationRep:
    I hate my friends taking photos just for the sake of Facebook. I decided to join a month ago and really don't see what's so great about it! I doubt anyone outside our friendship group even looks at the photos anyway so doesn't care. Really annoys me when they bring it up in conversation too. Bleh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I tend not to use it much unless I'm getting in touch with my family or if I'm posting a link to something worthwhile, like a charity organisation or a nice song. S'about it really...

ReputationRep:
    me and my mate take random pics when we're trying stuff on in new look, and when we're getting ready for nights out, and when we got drenched puddle jumping, and when we're doig stupid stuff...its funny as **** to remember those times lol x

ReputationRep:
    It's not like that.

Facebook is just the framework, what determines if you like it or not is the people who put your content on the page. I don't have those type of people as friends.. so I'm good thanks.

Yay.

ReputationRep:
    My facebook has got me tagged in around 150 pictures but pictures are good for memories. I rarely take my camera anywhere with me and have only uploaded pictures from holiday and a few from prom as family were keen to see them (they live quite far away)

ReputationRep:
    Sooo true and all the people who are giving it 'errr you chat crap it's just a friendly networking site' tell that to the bulimics, anorexics and those with disorders where their insecurities arise from the expectations and competitiveness of their peer groups and the media. People trivialise the extent of these interactions (on networking sites) when they are potentially quite damaging. Facebook and other networking sites can get quite ugly at times for various reasons, we shouldn't deny that. They are quite capable of hightening any already existing insecurities people harber. Its sometimes hard to 'read' into what people are saying which quite obviously poses so many issues of misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of stating the obvious I think.
    We all know that the majority of people on Facebook are like this. We're just all addicted and thats why we carry on using it.

ReputationRep:
    I use it for keeping in touch with people, I mean without it I would have never got in touch with one of my childhood best friends again, but we lost touch when I was 14 and moved too far away from each other. But yeah, I have noticed some people with like 500+ friends (I doubt they know so many people properly) and 1000+ photos of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I love facebook. It's so much more practical for keeping in contact with people, and I like to see photos of what my friends are up to. If you don't like the attention seeking idiots on facebook, then don't add them. I have maybe three people as friends who are your stereotypical "posts 140 pictures a day and tags everyone", and I just ignore them.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.