Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I type as I read that five of my friends are fans of "I hate stuck up *****es". Superb.
    HAHAH same with me!

i became a fan also =D

IMO everyone knows F.B is a tool to show off.. i mean if myspace can get away with their emo idiots with their posing and uploading their 'music'
    then why cant facebook get away with it?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think it really depends on the person. I like to use it to arrange meeting up with my friends and that sort of thing, as it's sometimes difficult to do that by text (as no-one can see each other's messages) but yes, at the same time it is annoying seeing people who are clearly adding 'friends' and posting lots of photos just to look popular. Facebook definitely has its uses, but when it goes beyond that and turns into a popularity contest, then it becomes annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a sad noob at all guys, nor am I taking a website at all seriously. Sure, it's great for keeping in contact with people, organising parties etc, but I think it just enhances everyones insecurities just a notch.

Just my say on things! :yep:

ReputationRep:

I enjoy Facebook- it's especially useful for organising events and stuff. But I don't add people I've never met...

It's also a bit odd when someone uploads an album with 500 pictures of the same 3 people sitting in the same place with the same drinks :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I did quite silly a while ago and was convinced everyone was having far more fun than me.

But you gotta just have some perspective, I use FB mainly to keep in contact with friends that live in other cities (and stalk cute guys from the comfort of my home).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    Facebook= conformism

And no i'm not a goth.
    Accusing things of conformism = Social Reject

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xeren)
    To be honest, I did quite silly a while ago and was convinced everyone was having far more fun than me.

But you gotta just have some perspective, I use FB mainly to keep in contact with friends that live in other cities (and stalk cute guys from the comfort of my home).
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    Facebook is Illuminati project
    (Intrested)
    How?

ReputationRep:
    My friends aren't tossers, so this is not an issue with which I have ever had to contend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    Facebook= conformism

And no i'm not a goth.
    Unlike the computer on which you composed that rather lacklustre excuse for a post, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying photography and we had a guest speaker (who was a photographer) in one of our lectures, and he was showing loads of pictures he took of his friends when they were out and about when they were about our age. he said that these days, people don't take pictures of their friends having fun in the places where they like to spend time, and that he thought that was a shame. if he looked at facebook he'd find of course that he was wrong.
    my point is, i don't think people go out and take pictures just for the sake of putting them on facebook. facebook just happens to be where they end up.
    i use facebook for keeping in touch people i don't see that often anymore, and for organising events that would be much more difficult without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse1)
    Accusing things of conformism = Social Reject

:p:
    I’m deeply saddened.

Perhaps unwise of me coming up what I did with on a thread full of facebook users.

But at least I spoke my mind.

What’s with the social reject comment?????????????

I have many good friends using facebook, and probably even more who don’t. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Our population is like a 1/5th of that of the US, yet apparently our country uses it the most which says something about our culture. Apparently people are initially attracted to you the less they know about you, and FB defeats the purpose of giving someone an air of mystery and getting to know someone the traditional way. It can also be used as a facility by future employers as well. Those who use it as a popularity thing are probably insecure anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you go out clubbing or whatever, surely it's a much better idea to concentrate on having fun, rather than taking as many pictures as you can of yourself attempting to look pissed/snogging your best mate/sitting on the toilet/showing your knickers?
    I mean, why do people feel the need to prove they they're out having a good time?!

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has 2500 tagged pictures of her. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    Those who use it as a popularity thing are probably insecure anyways.
    i couldn't agree with you more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    I actually love facebook. I never take photos, but me and my friends decided that we would take more just to keep them as memories. They go up on facebook, but just so we can save eachother's photos, and thats all I've seen anyone else do it for. I've never known anyone to take photos just to prove they have a life - only so that they can have them and keep them. I don't think there is anything wrong with adding random people either, because surely the whole point is to network - to make new friends with people who have common interests or friends.
    This.
    I like my facebook photos. They remind me of a time of things I got up to. Having the same photo over and over again gets a little stale though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.