Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    You had sex once?! And you didn't charge money? Damn, you must be a whore!

I did what you did. But three times. None of the guys I have spoken to since aside from hellos.

What you did doesn't make you a whore, you just want the experience, I know how it is. Don't feel bad, just put it behind you and move on. This what I've done and I'm very happy in life. Just move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Why would sleeping with people who don't love her make her "lose power"? Women are just as capable of having casual sex as men, you know. Not every woman is out there waiting for some "genuine" guy to come along and marry them; some just want to get laid, and there's nothing wrong with that.

By the sounds of it, she was using this guy for his body just as much as she was "giving herself" to him.
    Whore these days is used in the context of being a 'slut' - or sexually promiscious (sp?), therefore if casual sex is all she wants then yes she is a whore.

ReputationRep:
    you have to be like jodie marsh to be a whore.

relax.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who sounds exactly like you.. not a whore .. but to be honest you don't sound like one either. But she is desperate to lose her virginity and it is laughable, she looks really desperate and dates such disgusting guys, but the attractive ones don't give her the attention. I know she will do something she will regret very soon, she is dating a 21 year old unemployed slob and she is 16... ahhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Cool story, hoe :awesome:

Kidding, just wanted the opportunity to say that. It's fine, it was just a one-off after all. It didn't hurt anyone either, live your life how you want.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt mean your a whore, just desperate

No, you're not a whore. If I'm wrong, however, then clearly state how much you charge and I will get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    whats your number?
    hahahaha +rep, i can give you negrep if you'd prever that (your sig hinted on that)

ReputationRep:
    I bet you have the hepatitis alphabet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    Whore these days is used in the context of being a 'slut' - or sexually promiscious (sp?), therefore if casual sex is all she wants then yes she is a whore.
    Thanks for the vocab lesson, but I kind of guessed she wasn't wondering whether she was now a prostitute.

Having casual sex isn't wrong. It doesn't make the OP a bad person, even if people like you do use words like "slut" to describe perfectly natural behaviour.

I don't know where you've been, but nowadays it's perfectly acceptable to have sex with people you don't intend to marry. If you've taken one of those virginity vow things, that's fine. Just don't go around insulting anyone who commits the grave crime of being human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    hahahaha +rep, i can give you negrep if you'd prever that (your sig hinted on that)
    il have rep of the negative variety thank you :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did what you did. But three times. None of the guys I have spoken to since aside from hellos.

What you did doesn't make you a whore, you just want the experience, I know how it is. Don't feel bad, just put it behind you and move on. This what I've done and I'm very happy in life. Just move on.
    Exactly the same situation, except I'm only in contact with one still.

But really, there's nothing wrong with the occasional casual sex. It's not 'whore-ish' to fool around outside of a relationship unless you truly regret it for yourself, not just because you think you going against society's percieved views of how a woman should act sexually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Thanks for the vocab lesson, but I kind of guessed she wasn't wondering whether she was now a prostitute.

Having casual sex isn't wrong. It doesn't make the OP a bad person, even if people like you do use words like "slut" to describe perfectly natural behaviour.

I don't know where you've been, but nowadays it's perfectly acceptable to have sex with people you don't intend to marry. If you've taken one of those virginity vow things, that's fine. Just don't go around insulting anyone who commits the grave crime of being human.
    I dont follow trends. Just because something is acceptable now does not mean it has always been acceptable or will remain acceptable in the future. The 'whore' used in the slut context was certainly not socially acceptable in the past. This is because casual sex is degrading to the woman - she is no longer seen as human (contrary to what you may think) but as a sex object - we lust for her at only the physical level!

If we are going to talk about nature then yes sex is natural, I agree, but in nature the female is monogamous (1 partner.) This is because the purpose behind sex is to produce offspring! The female needs the hunter/gatherer male to look after the female and her offspring because she is unable to herself as she is looking after her offspring.

There is no advantage in nature in being polygamous (having more than 1 partner) because she needs the father to be around to ensure the survival of the offspring.

Therefore the whore is actually acting outside of her nature. The whore mindset is a deviation from its intended design as a woman!

Its not my intention to insult people but instead to make them aware of the truth.

:console:

Well, it's just sex imo ... and as long as you see it like that, you haven't lost anything. Your emotional virginity i guess, the fact that you're having sex with a person you like/love will always be there (until you lose it to a person you like / love) ... :unsure:

Don't worry about it. What's done is done and next time think things through :yep:

ReputationRep:
    what a slut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    I dont follow trends. Just because something is acceptable now does not mean it has always been acceptable or will remain acceptable in the future. The 'whore' used in the slut context was certainly not socially acceptable in the past. This is because casual sex is degrading to the woman - she is no longer seen as human (contrary to what you may think) but as a sex object - we lust for her at only the physical level!

If we are going to talk about nature then yes sex is natural, I agree, but in nature the female is monogamous (1 partner.) This is because the purpose behind sex is to produce offspring! The female needs the hunter/gatherer male to look after the female and her offspring because she is unable to herself as she is looking after her offspring.

There is no advantage in nature in being polygamous (having more than 1 partner) because she needs the father to be around to ensure the survival of the offspring.

Therefore the whore is actually acting outside of her nature. The whore mindset is a deviation from its intended design as a woman!

Its not my intention to insult people but instead to make them aware of the truth.
    The truth? By which you mean your outdated views? Because you've already acknowleged that what she did isn't bad by today's standards.

And no, it wasn't socially acceptable for women to have casual sex in the past, but then again they weren't allowed to vote or drive, so that doesn't really prove anything.

Casual sex is not degrading! It's not the same thing as rape!
    Casual sex is something that both sexes choose to do of their own free will (girls are allowed to make their own decisions nowadays), knowing exactly what they're getting themselves into. It is therefore only degrading, if you bizarely think that all females are incapable of choosing appropriate sexual partners for themselves, and must be protected from all the the mean, objectifying men out there. (On an unrelated note, I've done my fair share of lusting after women, so you don't need to describe it to me, thanks.)

I'm going to ignore your evolutionary explanation of why it's a woman's job to stay in the cave and have babies, because if you can't see how society has moved on from that time, then I cba to argue with you.

ReputationRep:
    girls like you give hope to guys like me

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, As a guy...
    I did exactly the same thing.
    but i did it with a close friend, who i feel awkward around now. And i really really regret it.

I have had some very good sex since tho.

ReputationRep:
    Very nice! How much? :borat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.