Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i would like some advice on how safe it is to leave your bag in hostels whilst your out in the day and night. do they have lockers or should you lock them to your bunk or something? any other relevant info would be appreciated thanks.

ReputationRep:
    usually you have lockers and you have the key. and valuables can be kept in a safe in most hostels.

ReputationRep:
    Most hostels that I have been in have a safe or locker that you can leave your stuff in, either free or for a small fee. Although you probably could leave your stuff in your room all it takes is one person to ruin yor trip, so I would take it down to reception and in a safe. Just remember if you do leave your stuff in your room, NEVER leave you passport in your bag, most other things are replacable, without your passport your pretty screwed :yep:

Have fun, and be safe,

Jonny

ReputationRep:
    bring your own padlock so you can use the lockers - most hostels won't provide one and will probably charge you rent for one of their padlocks

ReputationRep:
    I've stayed in hostels with no lockers, no safe, not even locks on the door (let alone room!) and I just took my passport with me and hid my money in obscure places in my bag. Had nothing taken so far (-touch wood-). So don't worry tooo much.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would take money, passport, INTERRAIL TICKET!!!! out with me and I know that means you're screwed if you get attacked on the street at least I could keep an eye on them ya know?

Never had anything nicked from a hostel in 5 weeks travelling Europe, I think most people are sound enough.. don't bring the Gucci?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.